The Lame-Duck Congress is limping along and with each day in session, the chances for an Omnibus Public Lands Bill increase. The proposed Omnibus Public Lands Bill includes many proposals that will have a negative impact of motorized recreation opportunity.
Please take a moment and MAKE A CALL to your Senators about the lame duck Omnibus Bill about to hit us. My friends in the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) have a great Action Alert with more information here and a link where you can get the phone number for YOUR SENATOR here: http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp
Critical attention must be paid to the following Senators that have great influence over the future of this legislation. If you are a constituent of any of these Senators, please call them today and ask everyone you know to do the same: Senators McCain (AZ), Bennett (UT), Corker (TN), Brownback (KS), Voinovich (OH), Collins (ME), Snowe (ME), McConnell (KY), Kyl (AZ), Thune (SD), Barrasso (WY), Bunning (KY), Burr (NC), Risch (ID), Ensign (NV) and Sessions (AL).
I am asking for phone calls and not emails as this is THAT important (and time sensitive). Make a quick call and tell them NO Omnibus Bill – because:
1. There’s not been any real public debate or input and even if the bill has some good stuff in it, we, the public need time to digest and review it.
2. This is being shoved through (down our throats) in too big a hurry. It’s not the way government was intended to work.
3. The bill contains multiple land designations that merely CLOSE us out of our public lands – we need time to review, digest, comment, and CHANGE the language. It certainly does not represent the will of the public.
4. This thing contains vast spending measures that are not relevant to public land access.
5. Basically, this is a unilateral agenda to close millions of acres of public lands – YOUR land.