2010 Honda FourTrax Rincon Features and Benefits
Oct 16, 2009 - The legendary FourTrax Rincon tops Honda’s line of ATVs and comes with a powerful 675cc engine, an independent rear suspension, electronic fuel injection, a Hondamatic automatic transmission, four-wheel disc brakes and more, features that all work together to place this ATV in a class of one.
* Extensive weight-saving measures include the use of aluminum for the following components: forged front upper control arms, rear upper and lower control arms, rear knuckles, front and rear wheels.
* Multi-function LCD digital instrumentation is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear-selector position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hourmeter/clock. Instrument housing includes LEDs for Drive, Neutral, Reverse, temperature warning and FI warning indicator. A fuel gauge and low-fuel warning light located within the instrument housing comes as standard equipment.
* Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
* Thickly padded seat uses dual-density foam to provide all-day riding comfort.
* Side-opening compartment has 4 liters of storage capacity and can be opened when the rider is seated.
* Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without wool packing for long-lasting performance.
* Washable foam air filter for easy maintenance.
* Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
* Advanced-design Longitudinally Mounted Engine Technology Section).
* Four-valve cylinder head with two short pushrods provides a broad powerband for optimum performance and engine efficiency.
* Camshaft is located adjacent to the cylinder head, reducing engine height. Together with the unique, semi-dry sump, engine height is further reduced for a low center of gravity and excellent handling.
* Semi-dry-sump oiling system locates the oil tank inside the engine cases, lowering engine height and allowing optimum engine placement for excellent ground clearance and superb handling.
* Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) (see 2009 Technology Section).
* The automotive-style Honda automatic transmission features a hydraulic torque converter, three hydraulic clutches and an Electronic Control Module (ECM) to automatically select one of three forward gears and one Reverse gear. The ECM monitors throttle opening, vehicle speed, engine rpm, gear selector position, brake application and engine oil temperature.
* The compact and maintenance-free transmission design means there are no belts to wear out and replace. It also features a filtration system to protect against external contamination. By using this multi-filtered engine oil as hydraulic fluid, the design also simplifies maintenance and ensures an adequate oil supply in all operating conditions.
* TraxLok selectable 2WD/4WD system (see 2009 Technology Section).
* Torque-Sensitive Front Differential (see 2009 Technology Section).
* Electric Shift Program (ESP) (see 2009 Technology Section).
* A handlebar-mounted control switches the automatic transmission between ESP mode and automatic operation.
* A convenient column-style shift lever permits the rider to easily select Drive, Neutral or Reverse.
* A rugged steel perimeter frame and four-wheel independent suspension provide an exceptional 10.0 inches of ground clearance.
* Honda’s independent rear suspension uses a double-wishbone design and features forged-aluminum knuckles and upper/lower A-arms to substantially reduce unsprung weight. The rear knuckle pivots use lightweight metal bushings in place of conventional ball joints and radius arms, eliminating geometry variations as the rear suspension travels through its stroke. This simple design maintains rear wheel alignment and further reduces unsprung weight, contributing to responsive overall handling.
* Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.9 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
* Lightweight single-tube gas-charged rear shocks and an anti-sway bar provide plush, well-controlled damping throughout the Rincon’s exceptional 8.0 inches of wheel travel.
* Dual front disc-brake calipers feature a patented built-in scraper system. This helps prevent the buildup of debris between caliper and rim, ensuring consistent braking performance.
* A rear center hydraulic disc brake and self-adjusting mechanical rear parking brake are mounted on the rear driveshaft, further reducing unsprung weight and contributing to the Rincon’s considerable ground clearance.
Honda Genuine Accessories
* Trailer Hitch Kit.
- Hits: 6094