SEDONA, Ariz., Dec. 14, 2018— The Red Rock Ranger District of the Coconino National Forest will waive fees associated with many recreation sites and amenities on New Year’s Day (Jan. 1), as well as many other days throughout 2019.
As part of this nationwide event, fees will be waived for all Red Rock Pass Fee Program sites including Palatki, Honanki, V Bar V Cultural sites, and multiple trailheads, picnic areas and vistas.
Areas not included in the fee waiver program are campgrounds and recreation sites managed under a concession contract, including Grasshopper Point, Crescent Moon Ranch, Beaver Creek day-use area and West Fork (Call O’ the Canyon).
In addition to the fee-free days recognized nationwide, the district has incorporated additional days into their local fee waiver program for 2019. Both designated fee-free days are listed below:
- Jan. 1: New Year’s Day — specific to Red Rock Ranger District only
- Jan. 21: Martin Luther King Jr (observed holiday) — nationwide
- Feb. 18: Presidents Day (observed holiday) — nationwide
- May 27: Memorial Day (observed holiday) — specific to Red Rock Ranger District only
- June 8: National Get Outdoors Day — nationwide
- July 4: Independence Day — specific to Red Rock Ranger District only
- Sept. 2: Labor Day (observed holiday) — specific to Red Rock Ranger District only
- Sept. 28: National Public Lands Day — nationwide
- Nov. 11: Veterans Day — nationwide
- Nov. 28: Thanksgiving Day — specific to Red Rock Ranger District only
For more information about fee-free days on the Red Rock Ranger District, contact the Visitor Center at (928) 203-2900.