"The OneTouch user interface continues to win awards for its richness and ease of use. We're delighted to offer this experience across all Magellan 2009 auto navigation models," said Mike Wagner, senior director of product marketing for Magellan. "The new Magellan RoadMates also include more features than any previous models, like built-in AAA TourBook information, spoken street names, highway lane assist, highway exit points of interest search and multi-destination routing."
All models in the Magellan RoadMate series offer a revolutionary new OneTouch favorite addresses and searches that are just one click away. After users identify and store preferred banks, restaurants and other destinations in the device, the OneTouch feature lets them instantly access directions to those located closest with one quick menu click.
"AAA is pleased to offer our trusted travel information in an expanded line of quality Magellan GPS units, highlighting additional ways to save as a AAA member," said Marshall L. Doney, vice president of Automotive for AAA.
Trusted Points of Interest From AAA TourBook Guides
The Magellan RoadMate series gives users searchable AAA TourBook listings that include AAA Diamond Rated restaurants and lodgings, along with attractions, events and campgrounds - taking the guesswork out of planning a trip. Users can also access listings for AAA-Approved Auto Repair shops and businesses that offer AAA member discounts. All listings include the exact GPS location.
The new series also provides a toll-free menu for AAA members to access North America's largest roadside assistance network.
All new Magellan RoadMate models offer the following features:
- New 4.7-inch, WQVGA (RoadMate 1470), 4.3-inch WQVGA (RoadMate 1440) or 3.5-inch (RoadMate 1340) QVGA full-color, anti-glare touch-screen display
- Acclaimed easy-to-use OneTouch favorites drop-down menu with personalized search icons to easily find favorite places
- Features AAA TourBook listings and member Roadside Assistance menu
- Announces street names and directions at each turn
- Highway Lane Assist points the user in the right direction and ensures the correct lane will be chosen before the next turn
- Highway Exit Points of Interest search let the user find gas stations, restaurants and hotels near upcoming exits
- QuickSpell® with New SmartCity Search intelligently narrows searches and checks spelling when entering addresses
- Offers multi-destination routing with route optimization
- Includes maps of the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico
- 2-D and 3-D map views with auto day/night mode switching
- Trip computer and trip planner
The manufacturer's suggested price for these models is as follows: RoadMate 1470 is $299, RoadMate 1440 is $249 and RoadMate 1340 is $179.
The Magellan RoadMate series ships with a windshield mount and cradle; a 12-volt vehicle power adapter; an adhesive disk for alternative, on-dash mounting; and a quick reference quide. For additional accessories, including cases, pouches and additional mounting options, visit MagellanGPS.com. Map updates for Magellan products can be purchased separately.About MiTAC Digital Corporation
MiTAC Digital Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MiTAC International Corporation and promotes and sells products and services under the Magellan brand name. Magellan assists people to travel, work and play their way with leading portable navigation and positioning solutions across multiple consumer markets. Recognized as an industry innovator, the company is the producer of the award-winning Magellan RoadMate, and Maestro series portable car navigation systems, as well as the Magellan Triton outdoor handheld navigation devices. MiTAC Digital Corporation is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. For more information on Magellan, visit http://www.magellangps.com
As North America's largest motoring and leisure travel organization, AAA provides more than 51 million members with travel, insurance, financial and automotive-related services. Since its founding in 1902, the not-for-profit, fully tax-paying AAA has been a leader and advocate for the safety and security of all travelers. AAA clubs can be visited on the Internet at http://www.AAA.com
# # #