Extreme Terrain
4x4Wire Trail Talk Forums: Jeep, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Pajero, Isuzu, Kia, 4WD, 4x4, SUV, Off-Road and OutdoorWire Forums

Search E-Bay for your parts:
Search Amazon for your parts:

Search

Recent Posts on TrailTalk
Jeep Wrangler Fluid Capacities
by 4x4Wire - 09/20/19 02:53 PM
6g72 3.0 v6 = NH or NF or NG ??
by polar - 09/20/19 11:18 AM
GEN1 Drivers Door Sprung
by chadzeilenga - 09/20/19 01:54 AM
New NGK Plugs! What Gap for 3.0 v6?
by polar - 09/19/19 11:17 PM
Rear Raider Wiper not Working
by polar - 09/19/19 11:14 PM
WTB - GEN1 Montero Drivers Door Hinges & Door
by chadzeilenga - 09/18/19 03:10 AM
Support 4x4Wire
New Topics on TrailTalk
Jeep Wrangler Fluid Capacities
by 4x4Wire - 09/20/19 02:53 PM
6g72 3.0 v6 = NH or NF or NG ??
by polar - 09/20/19 11:18 AM
New NGK Plugs! What Gap for 3.0 v6?
by polar - 09/19/19 11:17 PM
WTB - GEN1 Montero Drivers Door Hinges & Door
by chadzeilenga - 09/18/19 03:10 AM
GEN1 Drivers Door Sprung
by chadzeilenga - 09/18/19 03:08 AM
4x4 Gallery
Attila
99 Monterrible Sport
Scar the Cylon Raider
Mercenary Sergeant: Code Name "Sapphire"
Flex test after suspension mods
More News on the 'Wire

4x4Voice
4x4Wire
MUIRNet-News
OutdoorWire
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 147 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums37
Topics138,055
Posts1,080,317
Members14,944
Most Online581
Apr 3rd, 2017
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Mitsubishi 4x4 and SUV Tech Jump to new posts
Re: 6g72 3.0 v6 = NH or NF or NG ?? cheesegrater 09/21/19 10:47 AM
The NA series was released to Australia during January 1983 in short- (SWB) and long-wheelbase (LWB) three-door wagon formats, with the 2.6-litre petrol or 2.3-litre turbo diesel, both mated to a five-speed KM145 manual transmission. Brakes were ventilated front discs and rear drums. The five-door, high-roof LWB model was introduced in May 1984 with the same powertrain options.[12] The five-door offered a luxury Superwagon trim and also had a shorter final drive than the SWB models, to make up for the increased weight.[13]

The NB of November 1984 included a revised grille, deleted the LWB three-door body style and the diesel engine for the remaining SWB three-door. Mitsubishi Australia released the NC series in November 1985, introducing optional power steering, while the long-wheelbase five-door switched to a low-roofed design.

A KM148 automatic gearbox became optional on the petrol Superwagon for the October 1986 ND update, while the 2.5-litre turbo diesel replaced the old 2.3-litre unit. For the October 1987 NE series, the Japanese 2.6-litre petrol was replaced with the Australian-made Astron II version. Brake dimensions were also increased across the range.

The NE three-door Sports and five-door Superwagon added a limited slip differential, front bumper overriders, spare wheel cover, side pin striping, 16-inch chrome wheels, and optional two-tone paint over the base cars. The most expensive models also received an inclinometer, volt meter, oil pressure gauge, stereo cassette player, remote fuel filler release, suspension driver's seat, carpeting, and tweed and velour cloth trim (over tweed cloth and vinyl).[14]

September 1988's NF facelift saw the introduction of a 3.0-litre V6 engine in the top-line Superwagon, delivering 105 kW (143 PS; 141 hp) and 228 N⋅m (168 lb⋅ft) via a five-speed V5MT1 manual or four-speed KM148 automatic. Suspension became a three-link coil spring design at the rear. Rear disc brakes were fitted to the V6 only.

The final NG refresh from September 1989 to April 1991 was a minor trim and equipment readjustment. The KM148 automatic transmission was replaced by the V4AW2 with lockup. High-end NG models (i.e. not the base Commercial trim) now received chrome, truck-style side mirrors. An intercooler was also added to the 2.5-litre turbo diesel models in 1990.
1 70 Read More
Off-Topic Chat Jump to new posts
New decal required for nonresidents to ride in AZ, 4x4Wire 09/20/19 02:55 PM
New decal required for nonresidents to ride in AZ, purchased only through AZGFD

PHOENIX — Out-of-state residents wishing to legally ride their off-highway vehicle and support OHV trail maintenance, education and law enforcement efforts in Arizona can purchase a nonresident OHV decal beginning Sunday, Sept. 1.

The new decal was supported and pushed by the OHV riding community during the 2019 legislative session and was signed into law by Gov. Doug Ducey. The law requires nonresident OHV owners to purchase a decal to operate the machines within the state.

All OHVs designed by the manufacturer primarily for use over unimproved terrain and that weigh 2,500 pounds or less are required by law to display a valid OHV decal to operate on public and state trust lands. This includes “street legal” OHVs that meet these two requirements.

Read more at: http://www.4x4wire.com/entry/nonresident-ohv-decal-required-in-arizona
0 39 Read More
Jeep Tech Jump to new posts
Jeep Wrangler Fluid Capacities 4x4Wire 09/20/19 02:53 PM
ExtremeTerrain’s Tech Guides: YJ, TJ, JK & JL Wrangler Fluid Capacities

PAOLI, Pa. (September 19th, 2019) – Motor oil, coolant, brake, transmission, power steering, and differential fluids are the lifeblood of automobiles everywhere. Supporting the mechanical functions necessary for acceleration and braking, these vital liquids lubricate, isolate, and thermally protect a vehicle’s mechanical components. Knowing what type, as well as the quantity, when replenishing or replacing fluids can save a lot of headache as well as prolong the life of your Jeep Wrangler’s engine.

Read more at: http://www.4x4wire.com/entry/jeep-wrangler-fluid-capacities
0 30 Read More
Re: GEN1 Drivers Door Sprung chadzeilenga 09/20/19 01:54 AM
Evaluation by the body shop was ~$1300. The hinges were both bent and the mounting surface on the door was pulled out. Paintwork would be required due to the depth of the dent.

Luckily, I found a suitable white door at a local yard for $85! The only issue is it was a non-LS, so the window frame needs to be painted.
2 184 Read More
New NGK Plugs! What Gap for 3.0 v6? polar 09/19/19 11:17 PM
Got a new set of NGK G Power Platinum's.............is Plug Gap even important anymore??
0 49 Read More
Re: Rear Raider Wiper not Working polar 09/19/19 11:14 PM
I like Cheesey's smart thinking!!
2 237 Read More
Private Party - Items wanted Jump to new posts
WTB - GEN1 Montero Drivers Door Hinges & Door chadzeilenga 09/18/19 03:10 AM
Hi All,
I'm looking for a pair of front divers door hinges and door in white. My door has power windows and a (4) hole mirror mount.
0 88 Read More
Re: 1989 "Rear Floor Secret Box" Parts Listing! rxinhed 09/15/19 06:07 PM
I uploaded a number of pics to Imgur that you can browse and see some of the factory and dealer accessories from other markets.

Mitsubishinternet Pics
2 291 Read More
Suzuki Forum Jump to new posts
Re: suzi the psychic rascott 09/14/19 03:57 AM
haha
this was the 2019 sierra challenge(carnage) run.
lightly attended this year- only 2 of us did the dusy-ershim.
was going to be 3 for the rubicon, but i ducked, so that was a duo also.
we expect a full crew for 2020.

suzi has to wait a couple of weeks for the service bay- the lotus has it tied up, at the moment, for some needed attention.
need to experiment w/33" tires for suzi. see if she can turn them on the hyway……
looking forward
407 633,875 Read More
Re: Bumper Stops Part # ?? polar 09/14/19 02:57 AM
Thanks Mark!
Found It fyi: - MB 571 603 Listed as "Dampers"

Also found interesting listing on page 23a for: "Cover - Rear Floor Secret Box" It's right above the gas Tank...I'd had thought it just an access point for the fuel pump/sending unit......now I gotta check it out!
3 346 Read More
Re: v6/3.0 Spark Plugs/Wires? Whats Everybody Using? Brookyntero 09/12/19 01:31 AM
NGK here as well
4 519 Read More
Re: 87 Gen1 Rebuild in Kansas cheesegrater 09/11/19 06:25 PM
If you mean knock other than detonation, look for rod or main bearings. Rod bearings make the most noise on deceleration while mains are loudest under heavy load, like climbing a long hill.
49 11,537 Read More
Mitsubishi Diesels Jump to new posts
Re: Finally time to Let the 88 Pajereo Exceed Go Tuxedo_Ranch 09/10/19 08:54 PM
Hi Bill,

How much are you wanting for it? Where else do you have it posted? Does it have an intercooler?

I don't know for sure, but I think you can post it under this address on the forum.

4x4Wire TrailTalk / Forums / Private Party - Garage Sale

I'm really interested in putting a Turbo Diesel in HAGAR, but unfortunately, probably won't have the budget for another year or so unless it's a deal I can't pass up. How about some pictures, inside, outside and motor compartment.

LTUX
1 311 Read More
Kia Sportage & Sorento Tech Jump to new posts
2001 front brake lines replacement bombardj1 09/10/19 08:05 PM
Does anyone have step by step information on what all has to be done. To replace the lines from the tee block to the calipers? I have a 2001 4 door 2wd. I tried to search but no luck. Thanks guys. John B
0 170 Read More
Private Party - Garage Sale Jump to new posts
Re: FREE just pay postage Tuxedo_Ranch 09/09/19 08:04 PM
Bounce
4 1,831 Read More
Re: 89 v6 Reluctant To Start After Rain/Snow polar 09/08/19 02:11 PM
9 787 Read More
Re: Engine # for 89 v6 3.0 cheesegrater 09/06/19 12:54 PM
Mine's on the radiator support/hood latch bar, passenger side.
5 515 Read More
Jeep Talk Jump to new posts
Re: What part of the country do you live in? Mike Bondi 09/04/19 03:30 PM
Hobart, Indiana, about a half hour Southeast of Chicago. I have a fully stocked garage, being a master tech for 40 years. I have helped quite a few people, with modifications on their Jeeps. I am retired now, so give me a call.....219 299 7258...Take care....Mike
167 275,139 Read More
Jeep Talk Jump to new posts
Re: wheels to fit 2010 jeep patriot Mike Bondi 09/04/19 03:21 PM
Not knowing the model of your Jeep Patriot, and your specific tastes, it is a little difficult to come up with a wheel and tire combination to suit you. In the states we have a number of different retailers, that will show you pictures online of your vehicle, with the wheels that you pick out. I use a few, but one of the easiest is Discount Tire, whether you choose to purchase from them or not. Once you find the wheel that you like, you can shop around on the net for the best price. Sorry that I couldn't be more help.....Mike
1 1,530 Read More
Re: Name of 90's Montero parts catalog? polar 09/04/19 12:14 AM
Ha! That's My old post!! Back when I was Bubba......I don't remember when or why I had to change to Polar...but yeah.....that tells me I got RPW Headers! Thanks RX!!
9 1,821 Read More
Re: GEN1 John Baker Hitch WTB rxinhed 09/01/19 12:03 AM
Never know what you might tow, be prepared.
3 557 Read More
Re: Hello! New member 87 Raider with questions! rxinhed 08/31/19 07:03 PM
That scratch comes from operating the wiper system without a wiper or with a failed wiper. This is not a factory thing.
3 1,031 Read More
Off-Topic Chat Jump to new posts
Be a Guest-Focused Trail Leader 4x4Wire 08/29/19 03:21 PM
Four-wheeling is best enjoyed in groups. (Indeed, I stress group outings for safety reasons.) At times you will be a participant. Others times you will want to be the Trail Leader. You’re proud of your skills and want to showcase the trails you enjoy exploring.

Being a Trail Leader isn’t a particularly difficult task. But it does entail many responsibilities. In 10 Qualities of a Great Trail Leader, I touch on the role mostly from the technical side.

Read more at: http://www.4x4wire.com/entry/be-a-guest-focused-trail-leader
0 242 Read More
Jeep Tech Jump to new posts
Life with a Jeep - Hood Latch Replacement 4x4Wire 08/29/19 03:18 PM
The 2007 and newer Jeep Wrangler stock hood latches are prone to stretching which allows movement of the hood, that strange little movement known as “hood flutter”. That is movement is noticeable when you pass a semi on a windy day and you see your hood start to lift. An easy fix, replace the stock rubber latches with one of the numerous aftermarket latches.

I did that replacement soon after buying my 2010 JK. At that time, polyurethane replacements for the stock rubber hood latch were the only option. Later, more options began appearing with billet aluminum the leading material. My polyurethane replacement latches held for seven years before southern California sun took its toll.

Read more at: http://www.4x4wire.com/entry/life-with-a-jeep-hood-latch-replacement
0 251 Read More
Re: Anybody got a Fuel Sender unit for 89 v6?? rxinhed 08/23/19 12:02 AM
Parts from Gen 1 LWB works for SWB, too.
1 498 Read More

OutdoorWire Websites

OutdoorWire

OutdoorWire

Portal page for OutdoorWire Access and Landuse Central Read More
4x4Voice

4x4Voice

California off road recreation news and information Read More
MUIRNet News

MUIRNet News

News and information about issues affecting outdoor recreation Read More
4x4Wire

4x4Wire

Off road recreation and 4x4 Technical news and information Read More
TrailTalk

TrailTalk

4x4Wire TrailTalk Forums for a variety of 4x4 tech information Read More

4x4Wire Tech Section

Jeep 4x4 Tech

Jeep 4x4 Tech

Jeep Tech from JeepWire - Mods, Maintenance, Tech and more... Read More
Isuzu 4x4 Tech

Isuzu 4x4 Tech

Isuzu Tech from 4x4Wire - Mods, Maintenance, Tech and more... Read More

4x4Wire Social:

| 4x4Wire on FaceBook |

OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, JeepWire, TrailTalk, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc. and MUIRNet Consulting.
Copyright (c) 1999-2019 OutdoorWire, Inc and MUIRNet Consulting - All Rights Reserved, no part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without express written permission
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

PHP: 5.6.40 Page Time: 0.007s Queries: 7 (0.001s) Memory: 0.9401 MB (Peak: 1.0034 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2019-09-21 14:38:37 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS