Extreme Terrain
4x4Wire Trail Talk Forums: Jeep, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Pajero, Isuzu, Kia, 4WD, 4x4, SUV, Off-Road and OutdoorWire Forums

Search E-Bay for your parts:
Search Amazon for your parts:

Search

Recent Posts on TrailTalk
suzi the psychic
by rascott. 06/20/18 12:47 PM
Bumper?
by TOASTY. 06/20/18 02:59 AM
Instrument Cluster Fuse
by Kanakaman1. 06/19/18 05:20 PM
Stupid simple Weber carb conversion question
by rxinhed. 06/17/18 04:50 PM
Winch bumper
by rxinhed. 06/14/18 04:05 AM
GEN1 LWB Radio reception
by TOASTY. 06/14/18 03:44 AM
1989 LWB A/T Temp Light
by chadzeilenga. 06/12/18 05:04 AM
Support 4x4Wire
New Topics on TrailTalk
Instrument Cluster Fuse
by Kanakaman1. 06/19/18 05:20 PM
Stupid simple Weber carb conversion question
by GrantCee. 06/16/18 06:46 PM
1989 LWB A/T Temp Light
by chadzeilenga. 06/12/18 05:04 AM
Winch bumper
by Kanakaman1. 06/11/18 04:02 PM
Gen 2 seat options
by Kanakaman1. 06/11/18 03:43 PM
1972 FJ40 (Looking for Part)
by j4Cruiser. 06/09/18 05:34 PM
4x4 Gallery
Flex test after suspension mods
Clearance check!
Testing the new Kenda Klever 31x10.50x15
My '88
4x4Wire YJ
More News on the 'Wire

4x4Voice
4x4Wire
MUIRNet-News
OutdoorWire
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 71 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums37
Topics137,875
Posts1,079,483
Members14,783
Most Online581
Apr 3rd, 2017
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Suzuki Forum
06/20/18 12:47 PM
always trying to shake those bugs out!
still trying to figure what causes the tremendous howl in her drivetrain. earplugs don't work anymore.
got another fish window next month- e f carson.
found barrett on my map.
looking forward.
353 423,980 Read More
Mitsubishi 4x4 and SUV Tech
06/20/18 02:59 AM
I like a man not afraid of a little work! Makes much more sense for your application as a working winch.
9 804 Read More
06/19/18 05:20 PM
Lately the instrument cluster fuse has been popping on my 95 SR. Was wondering if this is any sort of common issue with this particular vehicle. The first time it popped we tracked it down to something in the compass. I went to a wrecking yard and bought another compass, plugged it in and it worked fine.... for a week, and now a week later..... the fuse is popping again. I thought I'd be smart and disconnect the compass cluster to ensure the "new" compass wasn't affecting it. Started the truck up, drove about a half mile and the fuse popped again- WITHOUT the compass cluster attached.... so apparently it is something else. Any ideas of any "common issues" with this truck that may be the cause?
0 57 Read More
06/17/18 04:50 PM
Keep all the items removed, off them for sale or free, as there are guys & gals in Cali that can use emissions things.
3 299 Read More
06/14/18 04:05 AM
Oso is your man to ask about this.
1 329 Read More
06/14/18 03:44 AM
Let's hope so, maybe they just suck. I got mine from a base model '93, you should be able to use most any Mitsu radio from '95 or older.
4 540 Read More
06/12/18 05:04 AM
Hi All,
Last weekend I took the Montero to a U-Pull to pick up a bunch of parts (Radiator, Fan Shroud, Equalizer Radio, Tail lights, Skid Plates, Inclinometer Gage Cluster). It was a pretty good day! The trip was 2.5hrs each way, mostly highway. The temps were in the low 90's and I cruised at ~70mph on the way there without issue. Got all of my parts pulled and then started the trip home. About 1hr in while cruising at ~75mph (spent a little too much time at yard grin) I noticed that my A/T Temp light came on. I slowed down to the shoulder and let it idle to allow transmission fluid to cool off. I idled for ~20min and light didn't come off, so I drove at very low speeds (~20mph) on a side road and after a minute the light went off and stayed off for the rest of the drive home. As you can see in the attached picture my coolant temp was low. For the remainder of the trip I kept my speed under 65mph. My transmission fluid was between the MAX/MIN lines on the HOT section of the dipstick while I was cooling, had a light honey color to it and didn't smell burnt. I'm not sure what fluid the PO had in it when I bought it.

Following this incident, I'd like to change out the fluid to SPIII and install a new screen in the transmission pan. I have ~200k on my transmission and don't see any indications that it has been rebuilt in the past. What I'm trying to figure out is if I should do a drain & fill and then drive for a while to allow the fresh fluid to loosen any build-up to get caught in the pan screen. Then after I have driven for a while I would drop the pan and clean it all out. I would coincide this screen change with the installation of the OEM radiator I got at junkyard in place of the cheapo plastic tank unit currently there.

Does the plan above make sense for a starting point? I'm starting to read through the FSM, but I don't see much information regarding the A/T Temp light other than it identifies the transmission fluid is >122F.

0 222 Read More
06/11/18 03:43 PM
I have an immaculate 95 SR with 100k on it. The leather seats look like they just came from the factory. My problem is I am 6'3" and my knees just about touch the dash even with the seat all the way back. I am considering a bunch of options and I have spend the last day reading hundreds of threads on seat options, but none I have see address some questions I have:

1. I was considering changing to the bouncy seat option... maybe it would give me the added space for my knees with a different track system. BUT, from what I read, the electric leather seats will not match up to the bouncy seat frame. Is it possible to get a cloth seat frame, and have an upholsterer transfer my awesome leather seat material over to a cloth frame, or is that also out of the question?

2. If I cannot use my leather seats on the bouncy seat frame, the other option would be to find another seat to use. I find the arm rests on the Montero seats lacking and would like to find a seat that has a larger fold down armrest. Because the Gen 2 monty's are so narrow, I assume there aren't many seats that will fit that width. I measured 21" wide from side to side of the seats. Can anyone recommend a seat that will fit that space which has a decent arm rest on the center and possibly the outside of the seat? My in-laws have a Lexus 4x4 wagon and those leather seats are awesome, but I am afraid they are too wide, I called them to see the seat width to see if they will fit. It sounds like the 300zx seats are nice, but they don't have armrests.

3. What is the actual difference between the gen 1 & gen 2 bouncy seat frames? I picked up a driver's side at the local wrecking yard, but I am not sure if it the original out of the vehicle as the driver's side was the only one that had the bouncy, the other side was a normal frame.
0 227 Read More
06/11/18 01:14 PM
Thank you, Javy. I appreciate it.

I hope you and the family are well. Did you ever complete your turbo swap?

They feel really good in-hand, too. I was worried I might have a little trouble getting used to them, but such is not the case.

I'm still digging them.
2 558 Read More
06/11/18 12:17 AM
Well, I believe I found the problem, after years of oil leaking the tranny mount was like jelly! it looked good until I did the test you suggested and notice I was moving the whole tranny/transfer about an inch both ways. I believe that's what was destroying the seals. Now to order a new seal, I had a extra mount on the shelf and now it only moves about a millimeter. Thank you Sir..
5 482 Read More
06/10/18 03:43 PM
Hello,

I have a 2door Dodge Raider 1989 and would like to make a V8 engine swap. Does any body have which engine (preferable hemi) fits?. I would like to use manual transmission as well.
4 2,437 Read More
Early Toyota Trucks
06/10/18 06:06 AM
2 306 Read More
Private Party - Garage Sale
06/06/18 02:52 PM
Hi, I am interested in parts. Where are you located? I have a few needs and then a list of spares I'd like to keep on-hand as I work through the maintenance on my 89 LWB.
1 417 Read More
06/06/18 02:51 PM
Hi Toasty,
thanks and I agree. The paint quality for the exterior as well as components appears to be far superior. Mine has the original paint and I'd like to keep it original. It buffed out really nice. Even areas like under the hood or the chassis components have done well. My lower control arms have a nice coat of paint on them with the factory p/n stamp and that is after almost 30yrs!
2 538 Read More
06/04/18 02:25 AM
sold
2 532 Read More
06/02/18 02:44 AM
you got pictures?
2 580 Read More
Private Party - Items wanted
05/28/18 01:40 PM
PM sent. 910-416-2732 Fayetteville NC I have whole Monty with bad engine from a 94 in it and original 89 V6 (seized) WITH NC title if I can find it. Come get it on trailer. $300.00. I don't want it crushed
3 848 Read More
Toyota 4Runner, FJ Cruiser & SUV
05/28/18 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by GGold
Yeah I bought my AT Revos after what I read on hear they seem to work great haven't had any real issues a little pricey nothing to really complain about though.

Yes me too!Now its working good!
45 111,034 Read More

OutdoorWire Websites

OutdoorWire

OutdoorWire

Portal page for OutdoorWire Access and Landuse Central Read More
4x4Voice

4x4Voice

California off road recreation news and information Read More
MUIRNet News

MUIRNet News

News and information about issues affecting outdoor recreation Read More
4x4Wire

4x4Wire

Off road recreation and 4x4 Technical news and information Read More
TrailTalk

TrailTalk

4x4Wire TrailTalk Forums for a variety of 4x4 tech information Read More

4x4Wire Tech Section

Jeep 4x4 Tech

Jeep 4x4 Tech

Jeep Tech from JeepWire - Mods, Maintenance, Tech and more... Read More
Isuzu 4x4 Tech

Isuzu 4x4 Tech

Isuzu Tech from 4x4Wire - Mods, Maintenance, Tech and more... Read More

4x4Wire Social:

| 4x4Wire on FaceBook | Google+4x4Wire on Google+|

OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, JeepWire, TrailTalk, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc. and MUIRNet Consulting.
Copyright (c) 1999-2017 OutdoorWire, Inc and MUIRNet Consulting - All Rights Reserved, no part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without express written permission
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Page Time: 0.013s Queries: 6 (0.007s) Memory: 1.0393 MB (Peak: 1.0928 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2018-06-22 07:26:48 UTC