Hi all, a few years ago I replaced my stock rear shocks with some longer ones for more travel.

The lower connection point has an outer ring, then rubber, then an inner tube, and the shock mount bolt goes through that inner metal tube.

I guess I didn't notice this at the time, but the bolt that goes through the metal tube in the shock is smaller, so there is some play in the lower connection of the shock to the axle. I think there is about 1/8" of play.

#1 - Is this something I should worry about? Would that cause rougher handling or something? Or is this such a small amount of play it doesn't matter?

#2 - Any ideas how to fix it? It's like the metal tube inside the rubber bushing is too big for the bolt. I guess I'd need a different size? Do they sell those or something?


2002 Sportage 4dr 4x4 soon to undergo an Extreme Makeover!