LOL, and I thought I was the only one, ah?

This engine has 276k miles and the head gaskets were done by the Mitsubishi dealer when it was 135k miles, I know so because it was my wife's uncle vehicle.

So far no surprises, everything going smoothly as pie. Just found one of the exhaust manifold's bolts on drivers side, one on the front, was broken and the dealer did not bother to fix it, had to be them as they have been the only ones that have been so far. Also maybe one or two missing not important bolts.

I ordered a full gadget set from www.rockauto.com together with a new set of head bolts and I am glad I did because I found that on the driver's side from front to back the second pair of bolts had the, how can I explain it easily, the shape of the hex shape messed up. I notice that if they used the hex cube (10mm by the way) like the one I got from O'Reilly, the hex part is an out 1.5"long and the part that connects to the ratchet (I'm tired and can't think straight) hits the rocker arm shaft's tower. I had to use a 3/8 Allen key.

I am taking pics as I go because men there are bolts every where. I will post some pics tomorrow.

Javy

88 red Montero with the Dakar Special Edition decals, 438,000 miles (As of 7/23/2012) some occational blue puffing but still strong and counting!!! I am going ppsshhh (turbo), Stay tuned =) ...