A lot of people are running in America are running 31's without regearing. Me personally, I believe 30's are the max before you need to regear.

I am running 245/75/R16's (almost a 31.). I remember driving it without the gears done. It was like like winding out a sports car with long gears (without the power).

It was surprisingly acceptable however Darwin is quite flat so I can't comment on what it would have been like in a hilly area although I imagine you would have been grabbing gears very quickly.

Having the gears done made it much more pleasurable to drive although it is still not as punchy as what it was with standard tyres on. I tow with my Sporty so needed the extra oomph. I hope when I install my extractors and larger exhaust it will bring me back to pre larger tyre and lift power wise which I would be more than happy to live with. hopefully I will gain some economy back as well, will replace the O2 sensor at the same time. Be nice to get 500km to a tank again instead of struggling to get 400-420.
Cheers, Chris

Last edited by 4runnernomore; 05/29/16 02:37 AM.

97 Sporty, snorkel, K&N filter,chipped, ext forks, 40mm Dob Springs, KYB struts, 35mm Jeep TJ Springs, RAV 4 OME shocks, Kaiser Locker 5.38 R&P's, 1&3/8 body lift, 245/75 R16 D674's Sports steering wheel, bullbar, extractors & 2 1/4 exhaust engineered.