Gave the mighty Sporty a good run this week down the highway.

Just over 600km round trip.

Here in the NT on the open road we have 130 km (80 miles) per hour speed limits.

Sporty ss at on that reasonably well. Did lose a little speed on some small inclines.
I let some air out of the tyres on the return trip as she was a bit nervous on the way down with 40psi in them. Made for a tiresome trip requiring a lot of concentration on the rough roads.

Dropped down to 33 psi on the return trip and it was a lot better.

Now just need to sort out my fuel economy, averaging around 14-15 litres per hundred at the moment giving me a safe range of 350-380 km per tank instead of 500-550 that I used to get. So before any one suggests it's the modifications my fuel economy had gone bad before I started modifying it but as it was running around town I didn't worry about it to much.

Sporty is running a bit rich and I am not sure where to start. You can smell fuel from the exhaust fumes when you first start it up and it is idling

Could it be a semi blocked cat or bad O2 sensor or possibly another sensor somewhere. There is and has never been a engine light showing signifying a fault.

Was going to wait until I have fitted the new extractors and 2.25. Inch mandrel bent exhaust to see if that fits the issue first. Don't want to pour money into parts trying to find what could be causing the excess fuel economy.

Cheers Chris

97 Sporty, snorkel, K&N filter,chipped, ext forks, 40mm Dob Springs, KYB struts, 35mm Jeep TJ Springs, RAV 4 OME shocks, Kaiser Locker 5.38 R&P's, 1&3/8 body lift, 245/75 R16 D674's Sports steering wheel, bullbar, extractors & 2 1/4 exhaust engineered.