All, I recently did some digging into my alternator which had been acting up from becoming soggy with trans fluid... and then subsequently I had an amp issue that made my alternator wig out so I went hunting for rebuild parts. I turned up dry besides finding a source for the brushes on ebay through a youtube video that Jason H posted on the facebook page.. which I then traced back to an amazon store that had similar brushes but without the springs.

I ended up talking to a Lady named Christian that was extremely knowledgeable about the mitsubishi alternators, and ended up shipping me the correct brushes for my alternator that I plan to break apart and clean out and put new brushes in now that it's otherwise working fine. I do plan to order a rebuild kit from her though and do a full rebuild one of these weekends.

FYI.. she put together a page just for the Gen 2.5 Alternators after we spoke, and here's a full breakdown on the availability for the Gen 2.5 Alternator. Her prices on parts are extremely reasonable. The customer service is excellent, and I highly recommend them if you're like me and prefer to repair rather than replace:

http://www.maniacelectricmotors.com/30excspmoal1.html

1999 Mitsu Montero - Crappy Weather
1992 Isuzu Pickup - Zombie Apocalypse
2008 Saturn Sky Redline - Nice Weather