Hard to believe it's been this long, and the truck finally gave out. It was getting harder and harder to get to warm up, me standing there working the pump on top of the filter for about 10-15 minutes before it would run without stalling. Finally a few weeks ago, it died in gear on the highway, and I had to have it towed home.
Hopefully good news: I found a shop that is supposed to be Bosch 'certified' and can supposedly fix the problem. They're going to rebuild the pump, and I'm trying to make sure I email all the pics I have of the new seal and a couple of the pics of the seal-replacement procedure that lordtrunks attached. The trick is to get this cat to answer his phone. I've met him ,and he seems cool, but he and his shop are apparently quite busy. The logistics of this will be hard. I have to have the truck towed to his shop, as I don't want to have it die on me again on the highway. But, I'll try and get this done and let you know the outcome. Shame I won't be able to hang around and watch and take pics.

Life is strange.....and then there's Thailand...