GrantCee,

Thanks again for the responses. Being a newby is tough, not just new to this forum but this is the first forum I've ever joined. When I was reading threads, as an outsider, I realized what a great group of people were members. The group seems to be very friendly, are very knowledgeable and always willing to help out. I don't know of anyone else in Kansas that even owns a Mitsubishi or a Raider, they're just not that common. My Raider will be mostly so I can run around with people out here that run around on their side by sides (I can't afford a $20k toy). figured I could get the Raider up to speed for around $5-10k through about 3 years, still be able to use it on the ranch and drive it down state/federal highways if I want.

That's really good mileage, difference should pay for the Weber carb in less than 10 tanks of fuel. I'm running stock wheels and tires for now but have some 30.5x11.5 R15 Super Swampers on 15x8 ProComp alum wheels ordered (the wheels were only $62 each). I still have the original Jet Valve Head and don't plan to change it.

I've got the stock Mikuni running halfway descent, finally, but it is dumping way to much fuel (as mileage shows) and is running so rich the tailpipe is BLACK and you can smell unburnt fuel even when it's not running. Plan to do some more research to try and figure out how to lean it out. I've done a lot of dirt bike complete rebuilds from the floor up, so I understand engines and am comfortable turning wrenches, but I don't have as good an understanding about 4-strokes.

I need to take some pictures as I make changes to my rig. It is starting out really plain and kind of rough but have been doing lots of research and have big plans for it. Should be getting my OME suspension lift this week. Also ordered a 2" body lift from 4crawler.com, some fender extensions from ebay and lots of parts from rockauto. I have a general 3 year plan for upgrading; 1st year is to get it running descent and driving good (lift kits, complete front end rebuild, upgraded wheels/tires and anything else MaMa will allow. 2nd year is the body work (rust repair, bob the rear top off, roll bar, fast back top, rhino line inside, paint outside gray, lights all around, after market bumpers and a 12k winch). 3rd year will be a complete drive train replacement (4M40 diesel, tranny, t-case, newer model diffs w/ lockers and at least 33" tires). I'm also thinking about building a complete cage for it at some time.

Sorry for running on, but as you can tell, I'm really excited about this project. I'm 53 years old and this is the first time I've had a chance to take something like this on (makes me feel like a kid again).

LTUX

'87 GEN1 Dodge Raider 5-speed 2.6L w/ Weber (HAGAR)
'87 Ford Ranger STX 5-speed 2.9L V6
‘88 GEN1 Dodge Raider AT 2.6L w/ Weber (HELGA)
'95 Ford Bronco Eddy Bauer
'99 Toyota 4-Runner Limited 3" lift

WELCOME TO MY "USED" CAR LOT