I spent all day re-working the throttle linkage, properly connecting the "kick-down" cable, installed Holley fuel pressure regulator and changing oil.

I re-used the throttle cable cam from the stock carb. I think I may have to do a little more work to get everything working properly, the secondary's aren't opening up and I don't know why (time for more research, anyone have any idea's??).

I read a lot of posts about how to connect the "kick-down" cable and found lots of things being done to fill the gap from the throttle cam arm to the cable end, from using a piece of wire to a zip tie. I wanted to use something a little more durable and didn't know what I was going to use. Last night I woke up with the perfect solution. I went to the local farm store and purchased a few different sized chain master-links, so I would have some adjustability in length. WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! Tranny shifts perfect now.

Attached Files
IMG_1483.JPG (124.71 KB, 15 downloads)

87 GEN1 Raider 5-spd w/ Weber (HAGAR)
87 GEN1 Monty 5-spd stock (LUCKY EDDIE)
88 GEN1 Raider A/T w/ Weber (HELGA)
87 Ford Ranger STX 5-spd 2.9L V6
95 Ford Bronco Eddy Bauer
99 Toyota 4-Runner Limited 3" lift

WELCOME TO MY "USED" CAR LOT