Been spending my limited time at home working on the 87 Ranger for my youngest son to drive. My middle son exploded the tranny and t-case driving it while the rear drive shaft CV joint was bad (massive counter weight). Broke the complete tranny rear mounting plate off allowing the t-case to slam into its' skid plate, smashing it's case also.

Just gotta get the drive shaft fixed and the motor running better and it will be complete for now. Then it's time to start tearing down HAGAR. Gonna strip all the interior out and pull the body off the frame so the body shop can start working on all his modifications. "Bob" off the rear top, repair all the cancer, make doors removable (like a Jeep), complete with Dark Desert Tan Line-X inside and out. Then I'll install custom roll bar, 4" fender flares and snorkel. Body installed on frame with 2" lift.

While body is in shop I plan to clean up and strengthen frame, then coat with POR-15. Fix all oil leaks and clean up wiring harness removing all un-needed (emissions) connections. Install new front bumper w/ 9000 Lb. winch and new rear pipe bumper.

All this is new to me, any body have some helpful words of wisdom for me?

Thanks!

87 GEN1 Raider 5-spd w/ Weber (HAGAR)
87 GEN1 Monty 5-spd stock (LUCKY EDDIE)
88 GEN1 Raider A/T w/ Weber (HELGA)
87 Ford Ranger STX 5-spd 2.9L V6
95 Ford Bronco Eddy Bauer
99 Toyota 4-Runner Limited 3" lift

WELCOME TO MY "USED" CAR LOT