Hi all, new-ish owner of a 1991 Gen1 Montero (RS) here. I've been doing all my own work during quarantine and have managed a few decent repairs like upgrading to Gen2 brakes, replacing the shocks, tie rod ends and a few other minor things.

Which is to say... I am by no means a fool, but I find that fixing electrical components is a little more difficult than mechanical!

Enter my A/C, which has not been working as long as I have owned the car. I'm going on a road trip to Southern California in a few days and it would be really nice to have it running.

I've been trying to troubleshoot it on my own but am having one *hell* of a time.

Here's what I know:

I've replaced the a/c compressor (turns out I probably didn't need to) and I'm getting power there and at the cable ends that connect to the condenser and the condenser fan. The condenser may or may not turn on (I think it does? It gets a *little* cold), but the compressor definitely seems to
(I can hear the idle drop). I have also checked the switch in the dash and it seems to be working correctly as well.

BTW, the heater turns on and off and the blower works fine.

I've tried to trace the connections back with the electrical schematic but I can only seem to find ONE of the THREE (alleged) A/C relays in the diagram. That one is working correctly, as it happens.

I suspect I'm dealing with some "missing" wires and may need to replace the condenser fan, which WOULD NOT start with a direct 12v jumper attached to the battery.

Before I tear my entire wiring harness apart like an animal, can anyone tell me where the other two A/C relays are?
OR
Does anyone have advice from a similar repair?

Also, a bonus question: what the heck is that round A/C tub with the hoses that's next to the coolant reservoir? Is that the A/C Accumulator?

I'd love to have my air conditioning working!!

1991 Montero RS with LS bits