got a little work done on the door panels the last few days .. building the speaker enclosures has been the most time consuming , but should pay off in the long run .
Instead if just cutting a hold in the door and mounting the speaker on top , I wanted to "enclose" the speaker in it own "pod" so the sound coming out of it is just that much better .. so I was thinking on how to do this .. building custom moulds would take to long .. and i'm really wanting to press on !!!!

so I decided to start looking for a mould already build which I could utalize .. started pulling bowls out of the cupbords and measureing for size , looking at all kinds of things I could use , even went to wallmart and searched for aplicapble forms . I ended up going to the dollar store , and finding a perfect size plastic dog dish for $1.50 and a smaller cat dish for $1.25 .

started making my pieces ..
so I have 4 mids and tweeters going in .. 2 front 2 rear .
I needed 6 bigger pieces , and 4 smaller pieces ..

[Linked Image]

so after I figure the speaker placement .. started to fit it all together .. cut the door metal to fit the "pods" and glassed the rear portion into place

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

cut down and prepped the new set of moulded pieces to fit the speakers

[Linked Image]

and all mocked up

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ready for some foam and leather to finish !!!

should rock smile

86 4x4 , fiberglass bed , 1/2 doors , hood, etc..
84 Custom 2WD 400HP supra suspension , full frame
83 Trekker SR5
NEW Trekker forum