what about the stuff in the silver can called engine restor? would that cause problems in the engine? i only ask since we are on the subject of additives.

I've found that stuff does work, at least for my 22RE. It has some worn or dried out valve stem seals and smokes under compression braking (like going down a long hill). If I put in a can of Restore, it is like the nearly vanishes. Ultimately I'll get the head rebuilt, but for now, it is easy enough to add a can of Restore with every oil change.

that stuff is amazing. you can actually feel a difference about 1,000 miles after you put it in. i wish someone would do a before and after compression test to verify if it actually evens out compression b/c it sure feels like it does. it also slows oil leaks. i'm usually against oil/fuel additives but this stuff is great. it works best in smaller 4 cylinder engines of course.

87 22R PU, 2 body lift, 33 BFG muds, 4.88's, F&R Lock-Rights, Rancho Shocks, EB's Street RV Head w/ 268 Cam, LCE Header, 2" to 2 1/4" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series, Magnaflow high flow cat, complete Herculined SR5 interior, V6 BB, MC, and calipers.