Defboy, check with your insurance company, they can not hold you at fault if you were hit by a vehicle that was involved in a crime, or fleeing the police. And they can only raise your rates if you are at fault.

Since the gov't put a cap on insurance rates a few years back, the insurance companies will use any excuse to attempt to raise your rates. There is an Ombudsman you can contact to file a complaint. Once your insurance company is aware that the gov't is aware they are raising your rates, you may see your rate increase vanish!

08' Jeep Wrangler
64' Plymouth Sport Fury 383
58' Triumph TR-3A