here's a little progress report on suzi's steering upgrade(we hope):
i gave up the idea of making some one-off thing to run the steering pump. i wimped out and threw money around.
i found that samurai folks have done this sort of conversion, and some real nice v-belt/ribbed-belt pulleys are available for sammy 1.3L engines.
[Linked Image]
the stock pump mounting bracket almost fits and seems to line things up pretty close, so i drilled it to fit the bolt pattern on the block.
[Linked Image]
i've put everything back together(at least enough for a test run), and i hope to test things tomorrow.
this should be interesting.

Last edited by rascott; 10/24/10 05:28 PM.

'94 "tracker", with some parts from suzi the psychic.
other modifications made, with more to come.
some intentional.
suzitoo should get me fishing.