the transmission/transfer case assembly came out easier this time. going back in was more controlled and direct.
i figured out how to replace the seal, but found the cluth lever was breaking.
[Linked Image]
the break was up where it splines onto the release shaft, so i welded the break(didn't mess up the spline) and added a little meat to the whole thing.
[Linked Image]
i'm kinda proud of this. i painted it. hides the weld some.
she's back on the ground.

i still need to put all the gear shifters in before testing(note the piece of glove for the transfer case outer boot works great and is reuseable) later today probably.

oh yeah- i replaced the rear output seal also. i don't know why it started squirting- it wasn't very old. i don't get it.


postest0408
leak is less evident. i have run a little hwy and wiped a couple of drips. we will see.

Last edited by rascott; 04/09/12 12:19 AM.

'89 kick w/some modifications.
some intentional.
suzi the psychic gets me fishing.
kj6esv