1. Purchase new transmission oil filter with pan gasket and 12 qts of proper transmission oil.
2. Jack up car and install jack stands then drain oil from transmission.
3. Remove transmission oil pan.
4. Remove any pan gasket from sealing surfaces.
5. Remove oil filter and filter gasket (may need to carefully use razor blade)
6. Install new filter gasket and filter.
7. Install new pan gasket and oil pan.
8. Torque pan gasket bolts down per manual.
9. Install pan drain plug and torque it to proper tightness.
10. Remove hose from 1 end of stock aux oil cooler.
11. Attach 1 foot of tubing onto end of aux cooler.
12. Get a 5 gallon pail and place so that it will catch oil from BOTH hoses. (the one attached to the cooler and the one you removed from the cooler. You may need to ziptie hoses in place)
13. Remove AT dipstick and place largest funnel that will fit into tube.
RIGHT NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO REWARD YOURSELF WITH 1 OF YOUR FAVORITE BEVERAGES, SAVING OTHERS WHEN YOU COMPLETE THE JOB. <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/cheers.gif" alt="" />
14. Pour 4 quarts of ATF into funnel, watching how long it takes to drain a bottle.
15. Open 6 more quarts of ATF and have them ready to pour. With all quarts close by.
16. Now have a trusted helper who can take directions well start the car while you watch the oil come out of one of the hoses into the bucket (don't remember if car needs to be in park or neutral) Insure that they keep brake depressed at all times.
17. Note color of oil coming out and how much is coming. When about 1.5 quarts has come out put in 1 quart as fast as you can followed by another.
18. Keep watching oil color coming out and keep good oil going in and do not let transmission run out of oil.
19. When you get to about 8 quarts you may notice the color of the oil coming out become lighter red.
20. At about 9-10 quarts in, the color of the oil coming out should be the same as going in. When this happens, shut off the engine and make sure car is in park.
21. Remove temporary hose from oil cooler and put hose you removed back on and tighten hose clamp.
22. Lower car from jack and start car and allow it to warm transmission oil up. Then follow instructions in manual on how to check proper fluid level and adjust as needed. If it is too full, then slide under car with drain pan and carefully remove drain plug just long enough to lower fluid level to proper setting. This may take a few trys and make sure you are using gloves because the oil is pretty warm/hot.
22. Take a drive and pull over and check for leaks a few times.
23. Dispose of oil properly and clean yourself and tools up.
24. Check fluid level again according to manual and adjust level as necessary.
25. Complete any leftover beverages!!! <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/cheers.gif" alt="" />
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any injury, death, or mechanical problems. Above is how I did it and it worked well. If your not sure if you can do this, DON'T!!!
Others: Please add in where I may have forgotten something. I'm already on cocktail #3 tonight. <img src="/forums/images/graemlins/drunk.gif" alt="" />
Last edited by Everet; 09/07/11 04:11 AM.