No way could I adapt to that truck for any length of time. It's just too small inside for me and is just a bit too Spartan, to boot.

It needs a/c repair, and that'll be expensive, I'd bet, since it starts with a new hose, carries on to an R-134 conversion, then evacuation/vacuum hold and a recharge just to find out what else it needs.

It doesn't have cruise control. It doesn't have a sound system. The interior sucks and the seats kill my back unless I take a pillow to jam in so I don't get all hunched over. And it needs some front end work, namely the lower control arm front bushings.

Then it would need traction aids, and not just a limited slip rear; a front locker would really be sweet, but I don't think anything's available.

The toughest part would be getting Jorge to pay for all of it. But it is a lot of fun to drive, all else being equal.

If Rich sticks around for any length of time, I'm going to weigh 240 pounds and I won't fit in it anyway. The guy cooks food like it's going out of style or something.

John B.