Hi all, I think I've searched what I can here, EP, on MMUSA site and am stuck. Literally. I'm trying to get the harmonic balancer/crankshaft pulley bolt off for timing belt, valve cover gasket, et al repairs/ maintenance on my 89 Raider, 3.0, manual. I've tried
- the "ribbed v-belt" trick,
- bought a fancy crankshaft pulley holder
- dumped a couple of tanks of air into the impact wrench.
- 3+' breaker bar
- a fair amount of Preston and Blaster penetrating lubricant (from the concave side).
- Said "well...sh*t" a couple times.
I'm not confident in trying the starter trick. Especially since there are guts from the engine all over the garage (lot of stuff moving from the donor).
Any tricks or thoughts?