Extreme Terrain
4x4Wire Trail Talk Forums: Jeep, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Pajero, Isuzu, Kia, 4WD, 4x4, SUV, Off-Road and OutdoorWire Forums

Search E-Bay for your parts:
Search Amazon for your parts:

Search

Recent Posts on TrailTalk
wheels to fit 2010 jeep patriot
by lupacexi. 12/13/18 05:37 PM
Montero Sport to Gen I compatibility
by JAVYPRO. 12/11/18 11:16 PM
The engine build continues...
by DRTDEVL. 12/11/18 01:54 PM
Which KYB for Gen 1 V6?
by JARED. 12/11/18 01:49 AM
Old Man Emu Lift Installation
by JARED. 12/11/18 01:49 AM
22re randomly starts then dies . . . repeatedly
by Snowtoy. 12/10/18 10:46 PM
88 Raider KM145 tranny
by Leadville_Larry. 12/10/18 01:23 AM
Support 4x4Wire
New Topics on TrailTalk
wheels to fit 2010 jeep patriot
by lupacexi. 12/13/18 05:37 PM
Old Man Emu Lift Installation
by jimguy11. 12/11/18 01:12 AM
The engine build continues...
by DRTDEVL. 12/09/18 02:47 PM
22re randomly starts then dies . . . repeatedly
by Bevoman. 12/08/18 08:00 PM
Which KYB for Gen 1 V6?
by JARED. 12/08/18 12:07 PM
Tire/Wheel pics
by 99Monterrible. 11/28/18 03:18 AM
4x4 Gallery
99 Monterrible Sport
Scar the Cylon Raider
Mercenary Sergeant: Code Name "Sapphire"
Flex test after suspension mods
Clearance check!
More News on the 'Wire

4x4Voice
4x4Wire
MUIRNet-News
OutdoorWire
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 126 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums37
Topics137,948
Posts1,079,802
Members14,849
Most Online581
Apr 3rd, 2017
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20
Re: Offically part of the club [Re: RECON45] #977359
04/29/12 12:15 AM
04/29/12 12:15 AM
RECON45  Offline OP
Body Damage is Cool
Statesville, NC
Not much progress. I did get my starter solenoid project done. it was a fantastic upgrade to care of the inconsistent clicking starting issue I have been having. I swapped out my pillow arm rest for the flat arm rest lid. In the next week I am going to get the ignition timing taken care of, swap out tires for a set of 4 BFG tires, and then alignment after getting some more spacer for the UCA.

I also got my CB antenna, a 4' firestik I need to install. I am going to mount it on my spare tire bracket. I also picked up a piece of diamond plate that needs to be trimmed for a filler panel above the rear bumper.

The weather has been good but it has been slow go with all the other outdoor projects. Hopefully I will make more progress.

91 Montero LS "Sandstorm", Auto, Dual Bouncy Seats, 2" Suspension lift, 2" Body Lift, GENII front IFS, 32" MT tires

89 Raider "Trailbreaker", 3.0, Auto, Dual Bouncy Seats
Support our sponsors
Re: Offically part of the club [Re: RECON45] #977360
06/01/12 06:34 PM
06/01/12 06:34 PM
RECON45  Offline OP
Body Damage is Cool
Statesville, NC
It has been sitting at my Grandparents house for about a month while I have been working on ym moms driveway and patio projects.

Got it home the other day. With the timing light I have the timing set and it is a quiet sounding vehicle now. checked all the fluids looking good. i am going to barely get anything done on it before it is going to be sitting again for several weeks for my trip to Honduras. Before that I hope to get the CB antenna mounted to the spare tire carrier, and maybe a few other little projects.

In July when I get back I will be taking off the Tcase and taking alot of pics of the 231 swap. i really would like to find the Gen2 transimission shifter cable so I can swap that out at the same time. Anyways thought I would pass on the update. Setting the sparking timing made a huge difference in how the engine runs now and it take 10 min to do.

91 Montero LS "Sandstorm", Auto, Dual Bouncy Seats, 2" Suspension lift, 2" Body Lift, GENII front IFS, 32" MT tires

Re: Offically part of the club [Re: RECON45] #977361
08/21/12 06:53 PM
08/21/12 06:53 PM
RECON45  Offline OP
Body Damage is Cool
Statesville, NC
its been awhile and I have not gotten all the things done I have wanted done. I did get the trailer wiring done FINALLY. That was annoying ordeal with mixed information on what I needed. found out all I needed was a simple 4 wire harness and 15 min later it is done. I put an upgraded one with led check lights on the plug. A nice little upgrade.

I did get my cupholder and door card swap done on the backseats. The cool thing about these cupholders is that I did not need to cut any holes in the door card just put it in the spot where the ash tray was. I used 2x metal plate to let the cupholder pull against. That way it is not putting to much stress on the cardboard door card.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I still need to get a passengerside front vinyl door card. Then I can finish the front and add the speakers to the doors.

I also got the power inverter ash tray piece almost done.

I am having to put the Tcase project on hold because I might have to shift my rear axle back about an inch to clear the 36" tires when they are flexed. I have not had time to test it to see. I still want to get the solid axle project, but I am having trouble finding someone to help get it done.

Re: Offically part of the club [Re: RECON45] #977362
12/24/12 05:40 PM
12/24/12 05:40 PM
RECON45  Offline OP
Body Damage is Cool
Statesville, NC
the montero has really taken the back burner since my unemployment. I have cranked it up a few times and it smokes white smoke and spits some water. After all that work with it. i think i did not torque down the head gaskets enough and it has allowed seepage. it is that or the lower intake is not sealing up well. It runs smoothly though, but since I have this issue I have not been driving it or messed with it.

Since it is winter and I have to work on it outside, I am going to have to do small projects.

Re: Offically part of the club [Re: RECON45] #977363
04/27/13 04:11 PM
04/27/13 04:11 PM
RECON45  Offline OP
Body Damage is Cool
Statesville, NC
Its been a few months. I have been torn on weather to get rid of it and start over with another. Instead I have been making baby steps on improving it. I had some trouble with the engine and since I am going to swap the engine it did not matter, but I used some of the blue devil and it has taken care of my leaking antifreeze problem. I still do not know if my leak was an actual head gasket or if it was the lower intake. I am in the process of finding another 3.0 from a 95 diamante to add a little pep to my horsepower with little mod. Since the blue devil the montero has been running good. Then the other day I got out and my brake line that I replace a year ago that has less than 100 miles on it tore open. Pics below show it. Well it was a mess 20 minute repair, but its running fine now.

I finally swapped all the bumper hardware to 10.9 to add some strength. I also got my bracket built for my spare tire and it holds my cb antenna. It fits and looks nice. The funny thing is the cross tube is made of DOM. overkill but the only thing scrap my dad had that small. The tube is 1/8" thick. I also for fun wanted to see how my hummer tire looked on the new set up. Its huge looking, but fits nicely. I also got working room to adjust the cb mount with the tire on. I also finish my diamond plate filler panel on the rear bumper. It is a smooth fit. Hope to get more done soon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20

Moderated by  Macka, Mudraider, off-roader, PajEvo, rxinhed 

OutdoorWire Websites

OutdoorWire

OutdoorWire

Portal page for OutdoorWire Access and Landuse Central Read More
4x4Voice

4x4Voice

California off road recreation news and information Read More
MUIRNet News

MUIRNet News

News and information about issues affecting outdoor recreation Read More
4x4Wire

4x4Wire

Off road recreation and 4x4 Technical news and information Read More
TrailTalk

TrailTalk

4x4Wire TrailTalk Forums for a variety of 4x4 tech information Read More

4x4Wire Tech Section

Jeep 4x4 Tech

Jeep 4x4 Tech

Jeep Tech from JeepWire - Mods, Maintenance, Tech and more... Read More
Isuzu 4x4 Tech

Isuzu 4x4 Tech

Isuzu Tech from 4x4Wire - Mods, Maintenance, Tech and more... Read More

4x4Wire Social:

| 4x4Wire on FaceBook | Google+4x4Wire on Google+|

OutdoorWire, 4x4Wire, JeepWire, TrailTalk, MUIRNet-News, and 4x4Voice are all trademarks and publications of OutdoorWire, Inc. and MUIRNet Consulting.
Copyright (c) 1999-2017 OutdoorWire, Inc and MUIRNet Consulting - All Rights Reserved, no part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without express written permission
You may link freely to this site, but no further use is allowed without the express written permission of the owner of this material.
All corporate trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Page Time: 0.016s Queries: 16 (0.009s) Memory: 1.0342 MB (Peak: 1.1339 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2018-12-16 02:07:04 UTC