4x4Wire TrailTalk

CA Smog check

Posted By: fire4effect

CA Smog check - 12/02/09 05:45 AM

Do they check for safety issues?.....I just cracked my wind shield
Posted By: 4Crawler

Re: CA Smog check - 12/02/09 06:22 AM

Never had them check anything like that on my vehicles. Only things looked at that is not under the hood is the gas cap and finding the tail pipe to insert the exhaust gas sniffer from what I have seen.
Posted By: Snowtoy

Re: CA Smog check - 12/03/09 11:29 AM

No, complying with safety regulations isn't their area of concern.
Posted By: Davepet

Re: CA Smog check - 12/04/09 08:53 AM

Do they check for safety issues?.....I just cracked my wind shield

Nope, just hope the CHP can't spot it, they can pull you over & issue a fix it ticket.

Dave

Re: CA Smog check - 12/04/09 08:58 AM

thx...passed smog...now I've got to shop around for a new windshield....looks like rain soon.
Posted By: Oyaji_Jon

Re: CA Smog check - 12/05/09 01:31 AM

Alfred, the last one I had replaced was in Otay Mesa. There is a little shop that did it for $150, new gasket included, in a carport next to Ecology off of 905. That was a couple of years ago, but I can't imagine the prices will have changed that much.

HTH

Re: CA Smog check - 12/06/09 12:07 AM

Alfred, the last one I had replaced was in Otay Mesa. There is a little shop that did it for $150, new gasket included, in a carport next to Ecology off of 905. That was a couple of years ago, but I can't imagine the prices will have changed that much.

HTH

thx...found a place via Yelp.com near my work in Kearny Mesa...same price <1hr.

pretty amazing difference...I still had the original windshield..it had 1 rock ding that never spread (10+yrs), but it had a ton of small pits and looked like it had been sand blasted....390K I was lucky.
Posted By: Oyaji_Jon

Re: CA Smog check - 12/06/09 12:59 AM

Cool beans, brother. Glad to hear it worked out for you!
© 2020 4x4Wire TrailTalk