4x4Wire TrailTalk

IFS kit?

Posted By: Anonymous

IFS kit? - 05/12/06 05:16 AM

I want to lift my truck but dont know what lift to get or which lift is best. I'm thinking of going with Pro-Comp.I need some help thanks
Posted By: Snowtoy

Re: IFS kit? - 05/12/06 06:30 AM

Other Q's need to be answered first. What size tire are you planning on running? Willing to do any fender trimming? You can run 32's w/o a lift with some hammering down of the body seam on the firewall.
Posted By: bkg

Re: IFS kit? - 05/12/06 07:10 AM

Other Q's need to be answered first. What size tire are you planning on running? Willing to do any fender trimming? You can run 32's w/o a lift with some hammering down of the body seam on the firewall.

Agreed. And if you decide to go w/ a 4" lift, go w/ Superlift or skyjacker ONLY.

Re: IFS kit? - 05/12/06 12:50 PM

I want to put 35s on. Right now i have a 3in body lift with 32s. And one more thing i live in Louisiana so no rocks just mud. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: ChrisH

Re: IFS kit? - 05/12/06 02:14 PM

I fit 35's w/ 3" body, chevvies, bj spacers. Was cheap and easy.
For me, when stickin w/ IFS, it's kinda a toss up between that or getting rid of the big body lift and doing 4" susp.
I don't like huge BL's.

x3 skyjacker/superlift
Posted By: chuckelbarry

Re: IFS kit? - 05/12/06 03:03 PM

Agreed. And if you decide to go w/ a 4" lift, go w/ Superlift or skyjacker ONLY

Why Whats wrong with the pro comp 4 IFS lift?
Posted By: Scerb

Re: IFS kit? - 05/12/06 03:29 PM

The pro comp lift is known to be weak. Skyjacker/superlifts are known to be the strongest.. trailmaster is decent as well. You can fit 35's with a 4" ifs lift and no bdoy lift, if you bang the pinch wled up front and mebe do a 1" shackle.

-Scerb
Posted By: chuckelbarry

Re: IFS kit? - 05/12/06 03:40 PM

The pro comp lift is known to be weak
weak how?

Re: IFS kit? - 05/12/06 03:54 PM

Agreed. And if you decide to go w/ a 4" lift, go w/ Superlift or skyjacker ONLY

Why Whats wrong with the pro comp 4 IFS lift?

ProComp and TrailMaster use three piece drop down brackets for the diff/lower control arms. SuperLift and SkyJacker use one piece; much mo' better.

I've personally owned/installed the SL kit. It's very nice.

Re: IFS kit? - 05/12/06 06:55 PM

Thanks for all the comments. It really helped . i think i will go with the superlift.
Posted By: shanef

Re: IFS kit? - 05/13/06 02:08 AM

i had the 4 inch pro comp in my old truck and it was wheeled very hard, seen a lot of jumping and i had no probloms with it
Posted By: jcssurf

Re: IFS kit? - 05/13/06 03:31 AM

You could fit 35s with your 3" body lift that you have now.

Skip the 4" suspension and buy something that will really help you offroad, like gears and lockers. If you want to gain some breakover clearance, which is all an IFS lift does, get a high clearance skid and do a drivetrain lift for around 300$ total.

Re: IFS kit? - 05/13/06 08:41 AM

You should be able to clear the 35's right now with some fender moding. On the '91 trail rig I am building, I have a 2" BL, and it currently has 315's BFG MT's that are 34.5" tall when installed on the truck. I have cut the fenders and massaged the cab back to the body mounts. Right now everything clears with normal driving. I plan on running some ball-joint spacers for extra clearance and to increase the articulation a little more. The rear wasn't a problem since I am fabbing up a flatbed for it. You would have to cut the rear some, no problem if you are running cut-out fender flares.
Posted By: bassplaya

Re: IFS kit? - 05/14/06 07:45 PM

ive heard that stock wheels wont fit with some IFS lift kits like the superlift. can anyone tell me if this is true

Re: IFS kit? - 05/14/06 07:56 PM

ive heard that stock wheels wont fit with some IFS lift kits like the superlift. can anyone tell me if this is true

They fit just fine... however, you cannot run a tire any wider than a 9.5 on that wheel and still clear the upper a-arm. A 12.5 will definitely interfere w/ the a-arm and potentially rupture the ture.
Posted By: jcssurf

Re: IFS kit? - 05/14/06 08:38 PM

I think a 10.50 on a stock wheel will fit with an IFS lift. Someone on here runs them.

Snowtoy, do you have any pics of this rig? I've thought about 315s with a 2" body because I've got some 16" wheels lying around. Thanks!

Re: IFS kit? - 05/15/06 08:56 AM

Hear is a side shot.
[Linked Image]
I will try to get some close-up shots if you want.
© 2019 4x4Wire TrailTalk