4x4Wire TrailTalk

Crossover Parts

Posted By: Lightninmike

Crossover Parts - 06/15/16 04:01 PM

Hey guys, I just got a 1997 Montero LS 3.5 SOHC.
I know with some vehicles there are parts that crossover from different manufacturers. Is there a list for Monteros? Or does one even exist?
Posted By: fasteddy

Re: Crossover Parts - 06/15/16 06:35 PM

No, mostly.
Posted By: rxinhed

Re: Crossover Parts - 06/16/16 02:49 AM

Trial and error, but what are you looking for?

Re: Crossover Parts - 06/16/16 07:05 PM

Right now looking at rear springs.

Re: Crossover Parts - 06/17/16 03:18 AM

Rumor is to use Landcruiser or Sienna springs, but don't quote me. You are looking to gain some height?

Re: Crossover Parts - 06/17/16 03:27 PM

Looking for a bit, yes. Don't want/need to scrape clouds just getting ideas together before going with 31's or 32's.

Re: Crossover Parts - 06/19/16 12:58 AM

You don't need any, none, no lift. You can run 33" with no mods. 31" tires were stock size.

Re: Crossover Parts - 06/19/16 08:18 PM

Hmm. I guess I didn't really look at what stock size was. Also looking at increasing width.

Re: Crossover Parts - 06/19/16 10:20 PM

[Linked Image]

Stock Gen 2 Montero with 33x12.5 tires

Re: Crossover Parts - 06/20/16 03:07 AM

Right on. Thank you.
In case anyone else was watching this thread I included a chart to calculate tire size [img]http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTireMath.do[/img]

Re: Crossover Parts - 06/24/16 04:53 AM

While I haven't reviewed, this ground is often covered and covered again with each new group.
Posted By: BottomFeeder

Re: Crossover Parts - 06/25/16 03:07 PM

Maybe a tire fitting sticky is in order?

Re: Crossover Parts - 06/25/16 11:00 PM

Great idea, Rich!
Posted By: 4x4Wire

Re: Crossover Parts - 06/26/16 06:32 AM

The past week has been rather hectic with a mover of the site to a new server. I apologize for the extended downtime. Murphy decided to intervene on the best laid plans...

Other than that...

Thank you for the sticky request. The question of what will fit does cross vehicle types. There is an interest and the questions have been addressed in the past.

For example, I typed in "what fits" in the search box and was rewarded with more than 10 pages of links on 4x4wire dealing with that topic.

Yes, that is some information overload. Someone has taken on the task to produce a FAQ. Thanks, Russel.

It will happen. And, as I have been doing some site maintence and getting re-acquainted with the depth of technical knowledge covered in the legacy article content plus the amount of knowledge in the forums.

There is opportunity to generat a series of FAQs that cover topical areas and point to specific site addresses for additional information.

Again, thanks for your comments. They will be addressed.
© 2022 4x4Wire TrailTalk