4x4Wire TrailTalk

95 SR Intake Plenum

Posted By: PTaylor525

95 SR Intake Plenum - 02/08/18 03:54 AM

I’m new to the board and recently acquired a 95 SR that I have been sorting through to make sure it’s trail worthy and won’t leave me stranded. I have been doing some reading about the lower intake plenum issues and upon taking the plenum apart, I realized that it still has the old model number (MD313333), however some of the numbers after that seem different from other posts regarding this issue. The vehicle has about 235k on the clock, and it seems as if most if not all of the issues with the plenum have occurred much earlier in than that. After the part number, VACV48-001 is stamped like all of the other old parts, but the four numbers after that are 4527. Does anyone know what the trailing four numbers might mean? Is it possible that the plenum has been replaced at some point but with one of the old parts? Any advice would be much appreciated.

-PT
Posted By: rxinhed

Re: 95 SR Intake Plenum - 02/15/18 03:14 AM

As with any recently purchased 23-yo vehicle, there could be any number of remedies applied by previous owners. I've not read up on the plenum issue, but know that reading TSBs would also be prudent. Good luck.
© 2018 4x4Wire TrailTalk