4x4Wire TrailTalk

Question about manifold water jacket.

Posted By: nonkjo

Question about manifold water jacket. - 07/26/20 03:50 PM

I'm weighing some options for replacing the stock Raider carb (87, auto, 2.6l). I intend to keep the all of the coolant lines hooked up because I've read a few other posts about the 2.6 developing hot spots if one doesn't allow coolant to continue circulating through the intake manifold. My question is, does blocking off the coolant galleys that send circulating coolant through the carb impact overall circulation of coolant through the manifold? In other words, if I block them off, does coolant not get somewhere that it needs to be?
I realize that I'd get my answer if I just swapped in the K614 Weber kit but I'm exploring at going a different direction and using a Holley Sniper 2GC small bore EFI kit which means I'm going to have to fab up an adapter and I need to know if I have to account for the complexity of having to develop some kind of coolant bypass in my decision making. I've tried looking up if this question has been specifically addressed but, if it has, I'm not coming up with the right combination of search terms to find it.

Thanks
j
Posted By: rxinhed

Re: Question about manifold water jacket. - 07/30/20 03:06 AM

Google is easier to use than the built in search engine here:

4x4Wire Historical Search
Posted By: nonkjo

Re: Question about manifold water jacket. - 07/31/20 02:39 PM

Thanks for the tip RX. It's so obvious...and that's why i didn't think of it.

I dig the name. Better rxinhed than txinhed!
Posted By: rxinhed

Re: Question about manifold water jacket. - 08/02/20 01:14 AM

Was always a competition with a previous coworker for best work-related license plate.

My friend has "G ALA G"...I sounded this one out for Sacramento DMV and they accepted.

Attached File
P4120399a.jpg  (7 downloads)
Posted By: KristianJ

Re: Question about manifold water jacket. - 08/03/20 07:53 AM

Now, that'a amazing! I'll remind myself to come up with a witty work-related license plate next time I buy a new ride.
© 2022 4x4Wire TrailTalk