4x4Wire TrailTalk

Sway Bar delete.. ???

Posted By: Trailmonkey

Sway Bar delete.. ??? - 10/25/20 02:37 AM

My truck will be 75% offroad 25% on road. I drive slow and careful.
None of my other trucks had sway bars. I will remove the rear one, but what about the front ?
Will it just roll a bit more or will it be bad like ?

I will think id get more flex out back (longer shocks and brake lines of course) but what about the front ? Big improvement or only a little. I keep going back further in the threads on here each day. But some things ive not run across yet. Plus its been kinda slow on here.. not many on here alot or just busy ?
Any other Monty specific forums one wojld recommend ?

Thanks..

Re: Sway Bar delete.. ??? - 10/25/20 02:48 AM

Seen a few threads about it. Looks like i will remove the rear for sure, disconnects for the front..
Posted By: rxinhed

Re: Sway Bar delete.. ??? - 10/25/20 07:40 PM

The Gen 1 rear swaybar delete will cause you to be mindful of breaking the rear trailing arms due to torsion beyond their design. Replacement of those with Gen 2 pieces minimizes breakage due to strengthened parts by OE.

Front swaybar is up to you.

Re: Sway Bar delete.. ??? - 10/26/20 12:34 PM

Yeah ive been reading up on it enough and decided to keep the front, not sure ill ill have enough rear flex to be braking things.

Originally Posted by rxinhed
The Gen 1 rear swaybar delete will cause you to be mindful of breaking the rear trailing arms due to torsion beyond their design. Replacement of those with Gen 2 pieces minimizes breakage due to strengthened parts by OE.

Front swaybar is up to you.

Re: Sway Bar delete.. ??? - 12/29/20 02:56 AM

Drove it today with the rear bar removed, actually cant tell a difference in driving, the new shocks may also have helped.
Slight bit more flex, but i still have stock length shocks.
About to disconnect the front and see if she gets wobbly on road. Would definitely help offroad, not looking to increase wheel travel, just let the front do its job freely, its an Independent front.
Stock length shocks and stock bump stops. Cant over travel and bust a joint right ?
More aggressive tires and weld the front diff will make a huge difference though.
Thats later.
Posted By: rxinhed

Re: Sway Bar delete.. ??? - 12/29/20 04:15 PM

Aussie Locker for the front, still gives differential action when coasting and locks under power. Delete the front Auto hubs and replace with Aisin units available at Amazon, also.

Re: Sway Bar delete.. ??? - 12/30/20 03:49 AM

Gotta keep the auto hubs. Being in a wheelchair its very helpful.
As for the locker. Well if i could afford ARB all around that would be awesome, the Aussie is alot cheaper, but i can weld it for free and if done right wont blow apart.

Re: Sway Bar delete.. ??? - 01/07/21 05:29 PM

Ok i test drove it yesterday, didnt see any difference with the rear removed, but i can with the front removed, but ! Its a truck, i will never drive it on the interstate, i wont be driving fast, it doesnt sway and lean all that bad anyways, plus, its a truck hahaha.

Front suspension can now be Independent now.. doesnt have any more travel, just lets it move a bit freely.
I love it. Actually rides better offroad as well.

Now if i could get around to welding up my diffs she would be an offroad beast .
© 2021 4x4Wire TrailTalk