4x4Wire TrailTalk

OG folks chime in!

Posted By: PHIL_

OG folks chime in! - 03/07/21 03:45 PM

Is this a renaissance? Or simply back to simpler times? Time will tell. I'd love to see an update thread, but let's sound off first. If you're still around, and consider yourself a WIRE OG, sound off!

BTW, this is PHIL (this system no longer supports my original userid which was 4 characters. Bah!)
Posted By: Oso

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/07/21 04:01 PM

GRRRRRR. Or is it RRRRAAAARRRR? Been so long Ive forgetten how to growl.

Used to be Mongo - then Oso. Think I'll keep Oso awhile longer.

Weird you can't get in with 4 letters. 3 work just fine for me. Maybe it's the capital letters? Maybe because you are TEMPORARILY without a real offroad vehicle? Maybe it's aboot the flag, eh? wink

See?! It's just like old times!
Posted By: lordtrunks

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/07/21 05:16 PM

I am I
Posted By: ryany

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/07/21 09:00 PM

It's been so long since I've logged on here that I couldn't remember my password.
Posted By: JohnnyBfromPeoria

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/07/21 10:34 PM

Still around!

John B.
Posted By: OldColt

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/07/21 10:49 PM

Charlie North is in the house and happy to be here.
Curious if I have a signature still.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: rxinhed

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/08/21 02:20 AM

I finally reached moderator status through attrition, but...I'm a mod now!

Welcome back, everyone!

At your service:
Posted By: PA_JERO

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/08/21 05:05 AM

Daaaang, this site is not very phone friendly. Hahaha. It's been ages since I've posted on here. Cant believe the AZ Crawler Crew board still exists.

Kevin here checking in. Also known as Blackjayz_az in other places.

So did everyone quite FB?

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/08/21 06:37 AM

kind of? guess some of us just got sick of it and realized that we missed the camaraderie of this place... and of course Az crew.

anyway, we created the OG Montero Crew for all members of the wire BEFORE the migration to facebook. It's a place for us to hang out there and a rallying point for those who want to come back here. There are around 20 members there in 2 days. I'm hopeful that will continue to grow and will feed the fire here. It must be working a little. We got PHIL to come back and HE
DOESN'T EVEN OWN A MONTERO ANYMORE.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/08/21 12:12 PM

I have not quit Farcebook, just never have liked it there. I hate the total lack of structure. The inability to even find a thread you were in a minute ago.
Two months ago a friend started a new section/ forum for a classic performance boat group on FB. Intention of replacing a long lost online forum from the past. He brought me in as the second admin so I am kind of stuck now.
Trying to honestly moderate a world wide sham where way to many people are just trying to get in for greedy gain is near the point of anger. We are not there for someone from some place I can not find in an atlas to sell T shirts.

I do not actually know when I joined Farcebook but have essentially no activity there until last fall when I was searching for a replacement for my current 95 SR and with an intention to cut up my second SR to shorten it to be a SWB, Bill McVicker stated there was a Pajero SWB for sale on FB. Turns out it was for sale by Shaun S here on the Wire. Being a roller, a bare body was just what I wanted.
Well here I am with another big complex build, no love for FB but now stuck there due to responsibility of maintaining a forum or whatever they are called there. Heck I can barely find my own posts in a two month old forum over there.

To me, the major value of coming back here as well as the private forum on FB is to be free of totally useless questions by the immature and unwilling who will never even try to search for an answer themselves.
Those that know me, know I will do my best to answer true questions, There are so few true questions there that I am rarely aware of any real ones.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/08/21 02:16 PM

Well it's all worth it just to get Pa_Jero back online! Hey buddy! How's it going? Long time no hear! How's the fam?

@OSO: LOL!

@OldColt: I'm right there with you. I'm an admin on several boards too, incl the BIG montero board. I've never liked the FB groups, but consider them a necessary evil. Maybe they're NOT so necessary? Time will tell, I guess?

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/08/21 03:32 PM

I hear yah Phil, We heavily control the registration but that does little to keep things mature or clean. So far it is fine.
I did spend time trying to figure out how people were getting in under automatic approval, no frigging way to shut that off. Did find a way to make very restrictive location rule.

I am looking forward to getting a proper build thread on my Pajero. It is up on a few sites but little true interest.
Posted By: B_Line

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/08/21 04:42 PM

Lurked around here for a long time. Recently became active in bringing our products to you all.

https://blineperformance.com/
Posted By: off-roader

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/08/21 08:51 PM

Present.
Posted By: Mudraider

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/09/21 01:57 AM

Holy crap! I had no idea Charlie North was Old Colt! No wonder I like all your answers.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/09/21 02:00 AM

Holy crap! I Not quitting Facebook. At least not me. I think of it like gold mining. You spend a lot of time planning thru gravel to find some nuggets. Here in Florida, I've developed a solid group of 8-10 guys who are consistently showing up to events. We had a dozen at our latest event. My little gold diamonds. Hoping to get that Linda enthusiasm to spread to other areas in the chapters. But as a recruiting tool, Facebook is extremely helpful and a necessary evil.
Posted By: Kevin C

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/09/21 07:20 AM

As far as I know I'm still around... Where the heck is the like button?

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/09/21 11:49 AM

Phone friendly, I think we just had flip phones through most of our times here. Heck thinking about it, I still have my first Mitsubishi bag phone.
Posted By: 4x4Wire

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/09/21 02:02 PM

Welcome back, guys.

I have been keeping the forum alive over the years and added a few updates along the way.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/09/21 02:19 PM

[Linked Image]

I attach this here avatar (circa 2006) with fond memories of Mitsu, my old buddy and wingman, who crossed over the rainbow bridge a year ago last week. Gone but never far from my thoughts...

Thanks John. Hopefully this migration is a sign of old becoming new again.

Attached File

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/09/21 05:05 PM

We do thank you John. I know from my forums the fade out was and is disheartening.
I stopped by here intermittently Saw Phil and Russell and a few others keeping the Mitsu side afloat. Read a few posts to see if I could step in and offer anything but never found the hook to dig in.
Myself I just have not had anything of content to provide here, Just busy in other directions, Back to boats and aircraft.
Projects for here, I do now and have more for the near future. Projects no one else has done nor will even try to do.
Posted By: PA_JERO

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/10/21 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by PHIL_
Well it's all worth it just to get Pa_Jero back online! Hey buddy! How's it going? Long time no hear! How's the fam?

@OSO: LOL!

@OldColt: I'm right there with you. I'm an admin on several boards too, incl the BIG montero board. I've never liked the FB groups, but consider them a necessary evil. Maybe they're NOT so necessary? Time will tell, I guess?

Haha, I couldn't ever get trapped into the black hole that Facebook is. I pop into some of the forums here and there to check in, but not much happening these days. Fam is great Phil thanks, keeping the kids alive and doing what I can to keep the wife happy, really not sure why she puts up with me. Ha! She keeps me updated on the Facebook side here and there. I hope you and your family are doing well Phil. Did I hear correctly... you have no more Montero?

Glad to see all these old timers around here again.

OSO, come buy this 96 SR from me.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/10/21 02:21 PM

Well it is logical that Phil moved away from Monti's and Pajeros, he no longer had our masses to be drooling over his "Toys".
To me the overall internet experience is depressing, not just Farcebook.
Oh what I would give to be able to buy an Pajero EVO, I cant buy one but I can build the next best thing.

Recently when I introduced my Mivec powered Pajero with a paddleshifted five speed there was way to much negativity and claims it can not be done or it has been done. Well I have not yet found anyone who has installed a 3.8 Mivec with it's own PCM and wire harness and not one controlling the Gen 3 five speed Asian transmission.
I just stopped wasting my time posting on FB or forums.

Heck my next project is a full independent suspension under a Gen2 body. And this will still have selectable hubs. I am not sure I even want to put this project online since I doubt more than a dozen people can fathom a gen 3 front end that has selectable hubs, I do have one.

The whole thing is our society is dumb.

My last five years I am back to running an Experimental Aircraft Association chapter. And yes I am also building another airplane that I have designed, my 7th.
My wife and I are frustrated, we schedule an event, This example we are going to get hundreds of the local public to the airport for what we call a "Young Eagles Day rally" we provide free / no cost flights for youth. Cool, flights start at 9AM. My wife and I are at the airport at 0630 to setup. Sometimes a family shows up early and they are the only ones helping with 10X20 canopies, banquet tables and chairs. About 9 o'clock our pilots show up, and they say "We're ready"
Someone else will be conducting our events from now on.

Sorry for the rant, but it is getting hard to have fun, at least up here is the Northeast. Maybe around here with every empty house having being sold to Californians and New Yorker's we will get some people who will stand and think, just maybe.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/10/21 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by OldColt
"... and they say "We're ready..."

Are pilots not the new divas?

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/10/21 06:41 PM

Ok, this is where there has been true enthusiasm over the decades, and you have been one of the best for keeping this enthusiasm.

And pilots, they are a weird species.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/11/21 01:42 AM

It's true. I sold my ultimate auction find last fall, even though I never ever thought I would. Many reasons why, but ultimately it wasn't practical to daily drive when I'd need fuel every second day, and premium at that. So it sat most of the time. And for camping adventures where there was woods and wheeling involved... well that just didn't seem right, with plastic bumpers that are no longer available. So again it sat. If I had lots of money and room I'd still have it. And always have it.

Instead, I decided to look for another dream rig I had always lusted after. The sale of the pajevo netted me a very tidy profit, even after five years of ownership, so I was able to afford a 4 door 70 series with the fabled 1HZ (still made to this day) diesel. Needed lots of work, which was exactly what I needed - a project. It's slow, not shiny, not zippy. But its bulletproof, body on frame, solid axled, leaf sprung, 24 volt, with inline 6 cyl diesel, PTO winch etc. and it has just enough gen1 Pajero cues that it keeps me happy. Also has factory dual bouncies. But with rear discs, so at least I'll retain some sanity. smile

This is also a jdm market only rig, so it's a four door suv much like the storied Troopy, but without the high roof. I can post a picture, but only if you REALLY REALLY want me to, this being sacred Mitsu ground and all..

Kevin, please say hello to your wife too - she's an awesome gal, just like mine, and they are angels to put up with us, but let's call ourselves lucky.

Charlie - I've always loved your crazy concoctions, and can't wait to see where they go.

Russ - sorry we left you here by the fire so long. Appreciate you and John keeping it stoked for us. I'll stick around as long as you guys don't mind the occasional story about my alternate brand rigs...?

To the rest of you OG's - fellas... its been too long. CHEERS!

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/11/21 04:29 AM

Phil, I think I can speak for the group: No pictures, no proof.

Show us the goods, buddy.

While everyone has been away, and I've been s....o.... lonely, I have started a cast iron cookware restoration hobby. Smaller than cars, easier to fix, same low profit margin as Mitsubishi parts. And, bicycles. Dan was great. He picked up my StingRay and delivered it to the Ranch.

Russell

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/11/21 05:31 AM

I have been dabbling in a few cast iron pieces over the past few years.

While I have been using a couple of CI skillets and Dutch Ovens for a number of years, I have accumulated a few unique pieces of CI. Mainly, CI cornbread pans.

Bikes, yeah, I have one but seldom ride it. In fact, the 21-speed mountain bike hasn't seen more than a few hundred feet of travel in more than 8 years. Fixed it up to ride but hit some medical issues that halted that effort.

Got the rotator cuff and torn bicep tendon repaired and went on to ruptured disc in neck repair with a titanium plate holding a couple vertebra in position.

So, I like 4 wheels and a roll cage...

Then, there is that move a year ago that relocated me from sunny (expensive) southern California to the variable climate of middle Tennessee.

So, still have my Jeep(s) and looking to doing more than grocery store runs.

Jeep(s) as a 1994 YJ that has been modified to the point that it is still road capable and really great in extreme off-road situations. Then, there is the 2010 JK that sports the basic mods to allow 35" tires and low (really low) range transfer case with electric lockers front and rear.

Life is great and I am still an advocate to access to public lands and serving as President of the Blue Ribbon Coalition which is a public lands access advocate organization.

So, if you like places to drive your 4x4s where you can use 4x4 and suspension flex, I'm working to make that a reality.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/11/21 02:22 PM

[Linked Image]

Its a garage queen so far. Bought it in October with some rust on the lower regions of the body under the factory flares, but the underside and and chassis had been media blasted and por15'ed, so it looks like new underneath. I've been restoring the body thus far. Its been a fun learning process...

I'm one parts order away from finally getting it back out on the road... metal dash, no airbags, no ABS, manual trans... so fun!

Attached File
IMG_20210307_191500.jpg  (88 downloads)

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/11/21 06:15 PM

Awesome, Phil. My favorite Mitsubishi vehicle would be the pickup version, with a service body.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/15/21 02:12 PM

I haven't said hello on this post, but I've been making plenty of new threads. So there's that! Hello!
Posted By: TOASTY

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/15/21 03:11 PM

Still here, haven't logged in ages. Kind of just lurked, mostly because my threads are always picture heavy and it's just not the same without pics. Most of the old threads have broken picture links because of Montypics and photobucket. I guess I'll try Imgur, anyway good to see you dudes still posting up. I try to keep in touch with most of you outside of 4x4wire and FB so you already know what i've been up to.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/15/21 03:35 PM

I read someone had seen ^^ mawl-crawling recently.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/15/21 05:11 PM

Probably, It's my daily driver and my only functional vehicle so it has to crawl all of the things including the mall.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/17/21 12:11 AM

Pajero- sure thing. Just gotta sell these two boats first, I’d take the 96 and a pile of cash if you want to trade. They’re amazing off-road. 😂

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/22/21 04:38 PM

Guys, not sure if this is the place for this note, As I have been spending major time making wire harness changes in my Pajero build I have discovered major errors in the 92-95 FSM chapters covering wiring mostly concentrated in the Meters & Instrument section. I can cover this in detail if desired but dang is this getting frustrating, most all because my T case has no provision for a speedo cable I needed to change to the post 94 instruments.
Posted By: hazy_daze

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/22/21 11:41 PM

Still around. Same truck... driven most days. Wheeled infrequently.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/23/21 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldColt
Guys, not sure if this is the place for this note, As I have been spending major time making wire harness changes in my Pajero build I have discovered major errors in the 92-95 FSM chapters covering wiring mostly concentrated in the Meters & Instrument section. I can cover this in detail if desired but dang is this getting frustrating, most all because my T case has no provision for a speedo cable I needed to change to the post 94 instruments.

Could you get an electronic to cable interface from Dakota? I had looked into this for installing a JK NP241OR into a Gen 1, basically it takes signal from the VSS and you calibrate the module to spin the cable the correct RPM.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/23/21 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by TOASTY

Could you get an electronic to cable interface from Dakota? I had looked into this for installing a JK NP241OR into a Gen 1, basically it takes signal from the VSS and you calibrate the module to spin the cable the correct RPM.

Interesting approach I had not considered. Not sure what is needed to mate to furrin cables and at that price I would have bought another Gen 2 Xcase to swap out the Gen 3 one.
Posted By: sparkem

Re: OG folks chime in! - 03/31/21 06:03 PM

Back. I have missed this place. I pretty much left before F book because of kids and work. I need to get my Montero back to good running status.

Can I have my blue arrow icon back?

Re: OG folks chime in! - 04/01/21 02:40 AM

Happy birthday, Charlie!!

Re: OG folks chime in! - 04/01/21 04:16 AM

Blue arrow icon?.

Not sure what that was. If you have a file name I will research to see if it still exists...

Re: OG folks chime in! - 04/03/21 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by rxinhed
Happy birthday, Charlie!!

Thank you, 66 now, three times the age most everyone said I would live to when I was young.
Twice the age most everyone during my collage years said I could achieve.

But I do kind of wish I had not given them all reason to think those thought cause this body is kind of beat up.
Although it still feels nice to dive into a corner.
Posted By: Mad_Scientist

Re: OG folks chime in! - 04/05/21 12:41 PM

Just got back in. Good to see some old names. Still have my '97. We're renovating an old house so it's mostly used for trip to lowes or the tip :-)
Posted By: sparkem

Re: OG folks chime in! - 04/06/21 03:53 AM

My Gen1 has been neglected for a while. It always starts, well when the battery is good. I need a radiator, mine is original as far as I know. It seeps out of various places. My rear calipers drag. I need front ball joints. The AC started to blow warmer and warmer years ago. I used to work 2 miles from home and I got all dirty and sweaty at work so it didn’t matter.
Then we got a bigger car for my wife and I started daily driving the 2006 Outback. Great car, I wish it was manual. I had a Gates brand timing belt break on the Subaru and bend 12 out of 16 valves. The belt only had 50k (105k service interval. I replaced all the pulleys and water pump when I changed it. I could not find anything that caused the belt to break. I got the heads rebuilt and all new valves and put the Aisin pulley and belt kit on it. At the same time I replaced all gaskets and seals except the rear main and oil pan, I didn’t pull that engine. Yes you can take the heads off without pulling the engine. It is pretty easy. It’s faster than pulling and installing the engine. So I had to drive the montero for a few months on my 80 mile round trip to work. That round trip sucks with no AC in the south Louisiana summer.

I want to fix the Montero and bring it to north GA again.
Posted By: Mitch

Re: OG folks chime in! - 04/06/21 04:34 AM

What the hell? Nothing but old people over here. Next thing, you guys will be comparing prescriptions.
I'm just stuck in time with no interesting Mitsubishi related developments. Planned on being retired for three years now and start bringing the 89 SWB back to life, but they won't let me retire.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 04/06/21 02:52 PM

Mitch, I didn't even have my learners permit when i joined this forum with my inop '88 Montero, now i'm 35 and no prescriptions yet.

Happy belated birthday Charlie!

Re: OG folks chime in! - 04/06/21 04:38 PM

Thank you Adam,
Me, I am one of those that could give a run for the money on Prescriptions, 7 pills in the morning along with a shot of insulin. And 3 more pills in the evening.
But I am still walking on 1½ good legs and still kind of productive working half days and longer too many times. And a half day for some of us is 12 hrs.
Posted By: bill_bly_ca

Re: OG folks chime in! - 04/13/21 06:20 PM

Well I came back

A new (to me) 2000 SWB Galloper II in the works from Korea.

If it is still for sale when the deposit gets there it may here end July.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 04/13/21 07:50 PM

That will be sweet, I would expect pricing should be good from there but how is shipping to arrange? I presume a bit over a week once loaded port to port? That being the simple part.
Posted By: bill_bly_ca

Re: OG folks chime in! - 04/14/21 02:04 AM

It has a fee from yard to port, port to the boat, boat to Canadian port, and then cleared in Canada. There is a fellow out of Calgary Alberta who does all of that for a fee.

I have to dig up Prado's invoice, it has all the costs broken down, but all in all, it is reasonable - It will be a little over the same price as the truck to Canada's west coast Port fees, Canadian sales taxes (8%) importation paperwork and my broker's cut.

http://4x4wire.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1106213/gordie-the-galloper.html <--- Gordie the Galloper thread.

Also have the Prado in an IH8MUD thread which is where I found support for its major service to go on the road and found _PHIL lurking after he got his 3 Yotas..

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/97-vzj95w-to-canada-ontario-misc-blathering-on.1186075/

Re: OG folks chime in! - 06/07/21 03:15 AM

Ask Paul the important question....
Posted By: Angelo

Re: OG folks chime in! - 07/18/21 07:07 AM

What's up guys! Holy crap, I havent been on the Wire in a loooong time. I just randomly was sitting at my desk working, and figured I'd give it a shot. I almost got upset that I couldn't find the original "look" of the Wire, but managed to get over here. Damn time flies by. I remember the days I used to get on multiple times a day just to make sure I didn't miss anything! I miss shootin the sh!t with you guys.

ps, was just scrolling through the pages and seeing the old usernames pop up with their old avatar brings back memories! Good to see you guys are still around kicking. Hope everyone is doing well!
Angelo

Re: OG folks chime in! - 07/18/21 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Angelo
I remember the days I used to get on multiple times a day just to make sure I didn't miss anything! I miss shootin the sh!t with you guys.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Angelo

Me too
Posted By: motero

Re: OG folks chime in! - 10/07/21 05:00 PM

Hi, i remember when my dad used this forum like 8 years ago, and now he let me use his account because i got a Montero! i guess im not an O.G, but whatever.

also i just bought a montero and want to do the crown king trail sometime soon

Re: OG folks chime in! - 10/07/21 05:36 PM

No reason the heritage should not be kept alive.

And for W I W my '72 Colt get 44mpg and is RWD fun. Not nearly as quiet as your Jetta though.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 10/07/21 06:44 PM

its my dads jetta, and it needs cams and lifters (it made it to 350k miles though)

he wont let me drive it because he's pretty shure he cant find another one that's that well cared for

Posted By: plh

Re: OG folks chime in! - 10/25/21 09:34 PM

long time since I've looked in on this place. Still have 5 Mitsubishis. Cussing the rust on my '05 for the past few days and more to come. Hi everyone!

Re: OG folks chime in! - 10/25/21 09:48 PM

A few of us still lurking here, waiting for something interesting to show up.
Posted By: mag00

Re: OG folks chime in! - 11/21/21 02:15 AM

I stop in fewer and fewer as no fresh or interesting content. It's sad as this used to be my first place to go for info etc. Not all change is good, this place used to be jumping and was easy to follow builds etc.

I still have my beloved Truck, Not a Monty, but same powertrain.
Posted By: mag00

Re: OG folks chime in! - 11/21/21 02:28 AM

Still here, haven't logged in ages. Kind of just lurked, mostly because my threads are always picture heavy and it's just not the same without pics. Most of the old threads have broken picture links because of Montypics and photobucket. I guess I'll try Imgur, anyway good to see you dudes still posting up. I try to keep in touch with most of you outside of 4x4wire and FB so you already know what i've been up to.

Do you guys still wheel around Phoenix? I have wanted to hook up for a ride, just never get that way. My Truck sat for a few years when I bought the house, now I have some nice bikes, so the truck has been on the back burner. One day, maybe, before they ban em.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 11/22/21 02:56 AM

Seeing Toasty's truck is always welcome. Pearl has been down for a decade, but I've been collecting unicorns for her. Wish us luck.

Re: OG folks chime in! - 11/22/21 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by mag00

Do you guys still wheel around Phoenix? I have wanted to hook up for a ride, just never get that way. My Truck sat for a few years when I bought the house, now I have some nice bikes, so the truck has been on the back burner. One day, maybe, before they ban em.

I've been trying to organize a trip up the crown king backroad, and i have a friend with a jeep whos coming, but the more the merrier!
Posted By: Charlie Belew

Re: OG folks chime in! - 12/19/21 01:51 AM

Spark Em, you still have the '93 SR?
Posted By: Yellowhammer

Re: OG folks chime in! - 12/25/21 12:23 AM

“Nothing but old people over here. “
😂😂😂

I’m starting to represent that remark.

Howdy Y’all. I still have my ‘91 LS LWB. It needs a lot of TLC but runs. Between work and kids, I don’t have a lot of time. Due to the commute, the Jetta TDI, now being the daily, has many more miles than the Montero, despite 15 years newer and owning it 9 years less.
Posted By: JohnnyBfromPeoria

Re: OG folks chime in! - 02/16/22 05:49 PM

The AZ Crew got to conversing today and the subject of trying to get back in touch with Dan/HighMountainDesert, he of "CampRaider" fame, came up. If anyone has some contact info, we'd appreciate you passing it along.

I didn't realize the motero account was actually a second generation wheeler. Heck, I remember you as a back seat quiet kid. I went along on a trip with your family and friends years ago up in the mountains around Kingman, AZ. Time flies.

John B.
Posted By: zarktheshark

Re: OG folks chime in! - 04/03/22 07:29 AM

Not sure I'm OG, but have been around for awhile smile Rig has been down with a blown engine for 6yrs, but used it as an excuse to build a shop so I can do a newer engine swap......wife is pissed smile
Posted By: MontyMcV

Re: OG folks chime in! - 05/10/22 12:18 PM

Well, well, what a fun scroll through seven pages that was! I'm still out here as well. A lot less wrenching and stuff for too long. My 00 that went down seven years ago is still in the drive waiting to be put back together. At the same time, I couldn't wait to get back into a rig. My 06 G35 6MT sedan that I picked up as "temporary" DD now has 175k on it. So, I found a 1.1 owner 99 Winter Package in CA and had it shipped to CLE. I do have an Endeavor 3.8 on the stand in the garage that was to go into the 00. Not sure which one it will land in. Might get it ready, then put the 99 3.5 in the 00 and the 3.8 in the 99.

@OldColt, I started back to work last summer with a job that's full remote. Maybe you and Carolyn can put me sometime down the road? We can work nights on putting the MT drivetrain into my Montero? Oh, and I can bring you the keys to the Diamante that's been sitting there for 8+ years!. (Long story, OG Crew...)

Ride On,
Bill

Re: OG folks chime in! - 05/10/22 10:55 PM

We are around, kind of don't get out much. I have essentially retired but busier than ever. Building another airplane, the Pajero is coming along and well working on one of my boat projects as well. But yes, you are welcome to hang around, we have a good fiber-optic connection out here in the woods.
© 2022 4x4Wire TrailTalk