4x4Wire TrailTalk

Some mods to my dashboard

Posted By: Moshe_Buhboot

Some mods to my dashboard - 04/28/10 07:26 PM

I have added few instruments to my dashboard:

1. I have installed my MAXON 4450 UHF radio into the the lower part of the double din slot.
2. A digital engine block temperature readout. It's a DIXEL unit - usually used in industrial fridges and its programmable so I can set alerts for different conditions (like temperature raise or drop)

I installed the temperature probe on the manifold. I am not sure if it is the best place - would love other suggestions.

Moshe
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You can see the probe going into the slot in the manifold.

[Linked Image]

The readout shows that the temperature raise slowly toward 65 to 75 degrees Celsius after 15 minutes. I am not sure its the best place get readouts.

Moshe
Posted By: DamKia

Re: Some mods to my dashboard - 04/28/10 10:53 PM

What temperature are you actually interested in measuring and why?

Manifold air temp is pretty pointless as you can't do anything about it anyway, and is not a critical measurement anyway. Metal temp of intake is also pointless.

Oil temp would be worth measuring, as would AT fluid temperature as either of these being high will indicate a problem that is likely to see you stopped on the side of the road.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Some mods to my dashboard - 04/28/10 11:23 PM

I believe I have asked this before, but what is the average running temp hwy and or in town?
Posted By: Moshe_Buhboot

Re: Some mods to my dashboard - 04/29/10 04:58 AM

DamKia

What I am interested is exactly what you listed - monitoring temperatures of critical parts in the engine/AT to avoid AT meltdown or engine cracks.

If, threw discussion in this forum, I can find better locations where to position the probes - I will do so. My familiarity with the car is inferior to yours - so any advise will help.

The controller unit can read and monitor two locations and it can measure up to 150 degrees Celsius.

Any ideas suggestions?

Moshe
© 2020 4x4Wire TrailTalk