4x4Wire TrailTalk

rusted out gas tank 2002

Posted By: coup

rusted out gas tank 2002 - 09/09/13 07:50 PM

soldered one hole,then found 4 or so more,,figure time for a tank....called about a junked one....
if have to go new wondered how i was suppose to get old one(fuel pump) out of tank....i have the tank off.....not sure what the
type of screws is,,guess if went new i would have to take out the other two things in tank also....what holds the fuel pump and other things in and best way to get them out for reuse.??

Re: rusted out gas tank 2002 - 09/10/13 08:12 PM

has no one ever put in a new fuel pump or took one out...

Re: rusted out gas tank 2002 - 09/11/13 12:29 AM

bought a junk one,,,breathers are differant but will make work.

Re: rusted out gas tank 2002 - 09/12/13 01:26 AM

installed took for ever by myself.....only had about 3 gallon,,didn't start but will try again tomorrow after pouring in another 5 gallon...
Posted By: Dryver

Re: rusted out gas tank 2002 - 09/12/13 06:32 PM

Hadn't been on for several days and just saw your post. I had to replace my gas tank, but the screws securing the fuel pump were severely rusted. I just ground the heads off of them so that I could pull the fuel pump and used new screws to put it on the new tank.

Re: rusted out gas tank 2002 - 09/12/13 09:20 PM

thanks,,,,i saw the screws on the newer tank,,,,,got sporty started but had a severe leak....has to be one of the lines or the breather's that i rigged....have to wait ,till i have someone else to start and shut er off,,to see which ones...
© 2021 4x4Wire TrailTalk