4x4Wire TrailTalk

Fender flares...

Posted By: Dave Scott

Fender flares... - 09/23/15 07:35 PM

I know this has been discussed before, however, it's been a while and scouring the web has come up with much the same type results as before, so I wanted to ask if anyone knows a good source for any fender flares at least on par with the old egr or factory flares. I have seen some of course over in Indonesia, on the web, but nothing stateside. Sent an email about purchasing them, but the language barrier is horrible, I really don't know what their English language response meant. So, any help in finding something, even used factory flares in good shape will help.
Posted By: Peabody

Re: Fender flares... - 09/25/15 04:14 AM

I used some "generic" rubber fender flare stock on my Sporty. I'm happy with it. I wasn't looking for "spiffy". I just wanted functionality and hoped it wouldn't be too ugly...

[Linked Image]

Re: Fender flares... - 09/25/15 02:52 PM

Seen those before, but I'm looking for something more like this...

https://fourtrack4x4.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/sportage-003.jpg
Posted By: 4runnernomore

Re: Fender flares... - 09/26/15 08:36 AM

Hi Dave,

Sent them two emails, one translated to Indonesian and the other in English. Will see if we get a reply.

Cheers, Chris

Re: Fender flares... - 09/26/15 08:43 AM

[quote=Peabody]I used some "generic" rubber fender flare stock on my Sporty. I'm happy with it. I wasn't looking for "spiffy". I just wanted functionality and hoped it wouldn't be too ugly...

[Linked Image] [/quote. I found on my old 4Runner if you rounded the edges off it transformed the look of the rubber Clair's. Just needed to trim the support wire down to stop it from popping out.

Cheers, Chris

Re: Fender flares... - 09/29/15 01:37 AM

Cool, thanks for trying to help communicate with them. If I remember correctly, my only response from them was that they asked for pictures of my Sportage, so I sent a couple of the old and a couple of the new, but then never got anything back. I had sent them another email when I posted this, but no response yet, so I started looking up custom thermoforming. Looks relatively easy. Maybe I'll make some.

Re: Fender flares... - 09/29/15 09:54 AM

I still have my moulded set I bought a few years ago.

Never fitted them up.

Cheers, Chris

Re: Fender flares... - 09/29/15 05:13 PM

Did you want to sell them? Are they the factory set? Or the aftermarket set that don't require the door moldings?

Re: Fender flares... - 09/30/15 09:11 AM

They are the aftermarket set.

I'll have to measure them up again but from memory they really didn't add much width coverage for offset wheels and that's one of the reasons I didn't bother fitting them.

Postage will be a killer back to America from Australia

Rear one
[Linked Image]

Front one
[Linked Image]

Cheers, Chris

Re: Fender flares... - 09/30/15 05:26 PM

Is it just me or are those pics very blurry and pixelated? Saw the little chrome strips in your Photobucket acct, not what I'm looking for. Ok back to researching abs plastic and vacuum thermoforming.

Re: Fender flares... - 10/12/15 02:29 AM

Ok can see the pics now. I'm thinking since I want to run a 35" tire, I'm gonna have to cut enough fender that those will no longer fit. So, I'm researching bushwhacker cut outs and pocket flares for other makes that look like they may fit. So far, the best I have are some for an older Chevy s-10 pickup and Toyota Tacomas and older pickups. The only ones with the closest shape are for the mid-late 90's s-10.

Re: Fender flares... - 10/14/15 04:41 AM

Whoa, I just re-read that. You said postage BACK TO AMERICA? Who makes them? What company did you order from?

Re: Fender flares... - 10/14/15 10:36 AM

Purchased from SMTP. Some info in this thread. http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/885736/4.html

When I received them they had made in Australia. On them. Was never able to find out what company over here produced them.

Cheers Chris

Re: Fender flares... - 10/14/15 11:21 PM

Ok they don't have them anymore. At least the website says so. I can't remember when that company DID have them available. As far as being made in Australia? Not sure, but EGR was the main company that made them in the past and I think those were made down unda. So, it's probably the EGR brand. I'm still looking for an alternative, but if I don't find something, I may hit you up again. Even though I'd have to chop them up, they may be my only option.

Re: Fender flares... - 10/19/15 03:23 AM

Well, finally got an email back from 4track accessories. The fender flares are $300 USD. That's pretty competitive with Lund and Bushwacker, if I remember correctly. I think I may order them, but not until I order my lockers and gears first.
© 2021 4x4Wire TrailTalk