4x4Wire TrailTalk

Mitusbishi Montero 1993 differential lockers

Posted By: jherrera

Mitusbishi Montero 1993 differential lockers - 04/13/19 03:55 PM

Hello all.
I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if I can get your help in solving an issue.
I have a 4x4 that was build on a Mitsubishi Montero 1993 Chassis with original axels and I want to get the front and back lockers.
The problem I'm having is that the vehicle is in Central America and I've been trying to get the locks (lunchbox lockers) in the U.S. and nobody has them.
I know the gear ratio is 4.88 and the shafts are 3 cm in diameter and have 28 splines.
Does anybody know where I can get the locks or who may sell them? What I'm looking for are the mechanical lockers like Aussie lockers or the Spartan lockers or what they call the Lunchbox lockers or Lokka lockers.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: rxinhed

Re: Mitusbishi Montero 1993 differential lockers - 04/13/19 08:10 PM

Aussie Locker provides a front mechanical locker. There are the perennial and expensive ARB air lockers for the front, also. I would suggest finding an air locker from a Mitsubishi Pajero / Montero / Shogun with 9.5" ring gear for the rear, or a 9.0" ring gear unit from a Challenger / Pajero Sport / Montero Sport....thus matching whichever rear axle you have.

Cheers,
Russell
Posted By: jherrera

Re: Mitusbishi Montero 1993 differential lockers - 04/18/19 03:00 PM

Russell.
Thank you for the help. Do you know of any other mechanical locker made for this application. I don't want to change any internal parts on the axels since they're still look brand new and there is no wear on the them.
Any help would be appreciated.
© 2019 4x4Wire TrailTalk