4x4Wire TrailTalk

Looking so see what my set up is worth

Posted By: Fretwellj

Looking so see what my set up is worth - 09/29/20 03:07 AM

I have owned this1988 Dodge raider/Montero 4d56t 2 door and it's 1989 4 door version for around 2 years. When I first got it she was old and tired and needing some updates I drove it that way for about a month then decided to do a water pump and timing belt kit. The old truck drove good and had good power and drove it like that for a year, but had a engine failure do to loosing all the oil with a blown cooler line.long story short I am a heavy diesel mechanic and just snatched it out had the crank turned and one rod fixed. All new bearings seals rings and fully rebuilt head including valves rocker assembly and cam. The little truck is better that ever and love it to death but am kinda wanting to move on but just hate to. I have added a few mods on top of it like a hurculiner paint job, winch bumper and 9000lb Smitty build synthetic winch, brand new buckshots 33 inch tires and glow shift egt and boost guages.along with manual temp gauge.the truck needs a few finishing touches like a bracket built for the power steering pump so it can have power steering and some just small stuff.truck will come with a 1989 4 door Montero in great shape but not running and a whole extra set of doors and fenders and all the glass
Posted By: rxinhed

Re: Looking so see what my set up is worth - 09/29/20 04:09 AM

Welcome to The Wire!

Do you have pics?
© 2020 4x4Wire TrailTalk