4x4Wire TrailTalk

Help! Montero trapped....

Posted By: Dylan

Help! Montero trapped.... - 09/18/15 12:40 AM

Hey everyone! It's been forever since I was last on, and almost twice that time since I was able to go on a trip with you all, but it has all been for a good cause (I hope). Plugging away and suffering the trials and tribulations of trying to grow my business, and I have been having to spend a lot of time in Cottonwood at my satellite office.....

Well here I sit, with a busted truck now and seemingly no hope...

As best I can tell, the brake booster in my 1995 SR failed today. I have a fairly loud hissing from the area of the pedal, the pedal feels very stiff, and even when I push hard, it still creeps slowly forward if it is in gear. I can't come up with anything else that it can be at this point. More importantly, I have to drive back to Phoenix for a meeting tomorrow night and I can't find a booster anywhere in the Verde Valley. Anyone have any ideas (or better yet, a booster they can spare)? There's free tours and other perks with my company in it if someone has a rescue for me.....

Re: Help! Montero trapped.... - 09/18/15 01:34 AM

I forgot to post my number too... that might be the best way to get a hold of me. (602) 628-4327....
Posted By: haztoys

Re: Help! Montero trapped.... - 09/18/15 03:41 PM

Junkyard-X has a 95sr ..99or98sr and a dozen other Montys LS and those Sport thingys On this side 'Of the Hill' ... No clue what parts are still there and what fits what ... I have to be in Jerome tomorrow ...

Have a good day

Captain Gear Box

Hazardous Toys inc

Az Crew Mountain division member...

Re: Help! Montero trapped.... - 09/18/15 10:02 PM

Man, I wish I could get over the hill today and check it out, but not in the cards for today I am afraid. I found a ride back to Phoenix, so I will make my meeting tonight, but from there I can't be sure. I am doubly interested in the 98/99 because I am still looking for one clear (as in non-fluted) glass headlight too.... here's to hoping I can do something about it Monday....

Re: Help! Montero trapped.... - 09/20/15 04:16 AM

I can't find a Junkyard-X... is that a nickname I don't know, or am I just failing to find it online?

Re: Help! Montero trapped.... - 09/20/15 04:51 AM

If I tell you the super secret az crew mountain division Mitzu parts stash I'll have to kill you.. wink.. So is it worth death.

Re: Help! Montero trapped.... - 09/20/15 06:11 AM

To get my Monty back on the road tearing it up... of course!

Re: Help! Montero trapped.... - 09/20/15 07:33 AM

I'm always here to help you Valley AZ Crew guys when I can my friend ...

Captain Gear Box

Hazardous Toys inc

Re: Help! Montero trapped.... - 09/21/15 06:36 AM

Thank you again! I went this afternoon and got the brake booster (though ran out of time to install it tonight) as well as the other 1999 headlight I have been looking for over the last couple years, a trailer brake controller with 7 pin connection, a spare EGR pipe which I also needed for a long time, and some other small extras that would be handy. I probably would have pulled more too, if it weren't for the fact that they were closing and I still needed to get back over the hill to my Cottonwood office before it got too late. Now I'm looking forward to putting it all together!
Posted By: TOASTY

Re: Help! Montero trapped.... - 09/22/15 01:47 AM

Good to hear you got it sorted Dylan.
© 2020 4x4Wire TrailTalk