4x4Wire TrailTalk

Need a GEN I fan assembly

Posted By: Liltrbo

Need a GEN I fan assembly - 06/06/15 11:34 PM

My Monty has the 3.0 6cyl with an aftermarket electric fan. I keep killing fans. They just don't last underwater. I'm assuming the rig came from the factory with a mechanical fan. Am I wrong? I'm hoping to find what I can to convert it back to mechanical. Thanks! Steve
Posted By: RECON45

Re: Need a GEN I fan assembly - 06/08/15 04:10 AM

they did come with a mechanical fan. It bolts right ontop of the pulley. so you will need longer bolts on the pulley, the fan, and the 2 piece fan shroud to make it back complete. Should not be hard to find
Posted By: heathdogg

Re: Need a GEN I fan assembly - 06/11/15 11:08 PM

If I hit the u pick it this weekend (if it stops raining) I'll look to see if it is all there. FYI, I put studs instead of bolts. Seemed to be easier for me.
Posted By: MI_Mitsu

Re: Need a GEN I fan assembly - 06/20/15 07:00 PM

My Monty has the 3.0 6cyl with an aftermarket electric fan. I keep killing fans. They just don't last underwater. I'm assuming the rig came from the factory with a mechanical fan. Am I wrong? I'm hoping to find what I can to convert it back to mechanical. Thanks! Steve

Let me know if you still need a fan - I have 2. One with the clutch still installed, 1 with it removed, but I still have the fan clutch available for that one too.
Posted By: Liltrbo

Re: Need a GEN I fan assembly - 08/04/15 11:52 PM

Yes, I still need it! I've been sidetracked on other projects but I'm back to the Monty. I'll shoot you an email. Thanks for responding!
© 2022 4x4Wire TrailTalk